Ironman help (2 Viewers)

Tony Neville

Command Sergeant Major
Guys

on the 1st of August 2010 i will be taking part in IRONMAN UK. now this normally is an awesome thing to do but this time i am setting myself some extra effort, iam doing it for charity.

Also after 2009 being abit of a shitty health year for me i am pushing myself through some more barriers to ensure i am fit. I still have a scar on my lung from the pluresy and pneumonia which is very painful when i am over exurting myself.

what is an IRONMAN? its and edurance triathlon of 2.2miles swim then 110miles on a bike and then a marathon all together 140.6miles in maximum of 17hrs under your own steam.

There will be a website soon set up for me by the charity i am racing for and all donations will be greatfully received. i am racing for the ROTARY CLUB which raise millions of pounds for many differnt UK charities. I have pledged to raise £2000 and anything i make over that i have agreed to donate to HELP FOR HEROS.

please help where you can and kee an eye out for the link to the site once i get the website information. K&C UK are behind me finacially big time but i still need your help

Thank you guys

Tony Neville
K&C UK

Guys

on the 1st of August 2010 i will be taking part in IRONMAN UK. now this normally is an awesome thing to do but this time i am setting myself some extra effort, iam doing it for charity.

Also after 2009 being abit of a shitty health year for me i am pushing myself through some more barriers to ensure i am fit. I still have a scar on my lung from the pluresy and pneumonia which is very painful when i am over exurting myself.

what is an IRONMAN? its and edurance triathlon of 2.2miles swim then 110miles on a bike and then a marathon all together 140.6miles in maximum of 17hrs under your own steam.

There will be a website soon set up for me by the charity i am racing for and all donations will be greatfully received. i am racing for the ROTARY CLUB which raise millions of pounds for many differnt UK charities. I have pledged to raise £2000 and anything i make over that i have agreed to donate to HELP FOR HEROS.

please help where you can and kee an eye out for the link to the site once i get the website information. K&C UK are behind me finacially big time but i still need your help

Thank you guys

Tony Neville
K&C UK

Will do Tony,good luck with it and hope it goes well.:cool:

Rob

Tony, good luck mate. I finished the 2005 UK Ironman when it was held in Dorset/Somerset. You will get a great sense of achievment when you finish and the you will really enjoy the race atmosphere. It just requires a level of commitment to training, especially finding the time to do those long run/bike sessions. I did it 11 months after major knee surgery, so as long as you are resonably fit when you start training you will be fine. There is still plenty of time. Have you done any triathlons before?

Alan

Tony, good luck mate. I finished the 2005 UK Ironman when it was held in Dorset/Somerset. You will get a great sense of achievment when you finish and the you will really enjoy the race atmosphere. It just requires a level of commitment to training, especially finding the time to do those long run/bike sessions. I did it 11 months after major knee surgery, so as long as you are resonably fit when you start training you will be fine. There is still plenty of time. Have you done any triathlons before?

Alan

Hi Alan

we may have been in the lake together in 2005!! i did Sherbourne when it was the half IM from 2002 - 2005. then i had major knee op which took me out of action. I also did the the full IM in New Zealand 2001 which was amazing. Already swimming at 6am and running in the evening and then long rides at weekend...........however we have 6inches of snow here so the turbo trainier is out.

2001 IM in NZ truley was a life changing experience i did it with my brother Bob which also made it extra special

cheers Alan:)

Tony

Tony,

Sorry mate, I did'nt realise that you were so experienced. That Sherbourne swim was like being in a washing machine. Hard for me, especially after that two hour delay. The medics told me not to do so much road running after my knee op. so I mainly stick to cycling now, generally the MTB type with a bit of XC running. I never much enjoyed long pool swims anyway so I do't miss that. But I'm tempted to do another IM, maybe on the 10th anniversary of the last one?! NZ sounds really good.
I'm out to play with my new toy now [wife's actually] a treadmill delivered today! It will justify a few beers over Christmas.

Good luck with the training. Have a great Christmas.

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back