Is the Battle of the Bulge series history? (5 Viewers)

Kurt

Sergeant
It seems like its been quite a while since a Battle of the Bulge release. Considering the number of winter figures released under the WS series in the past year, I am wondering if Andy is done with BB.:(

I think there will be more in the winter,what is now becoming the traditional time for Bulge releases.I love this series and hope it goes on for a long time yet

Rob

i like in particular the u.s. sets of this series very good poses

max

I agree,i think they are among some of the most life like figures that Andy has produced.They really are superb and a real example of how K&C are the leading figure producers in the field.

Rob

Interesting point here.

Why was the last batch of Winter Germans produced under the WSS banner?
Maybe Bulge Germans don't sell as well as WSS Germans and K&C are seeing if they sell better under that brand?

Hi James,I think maybe there was a bit of blurring of ranges so you can mix and match sort of thing.They were i think suitable for Bulge/Russian front?.

Rob

Good point. I guess they weren't really Bulge AV's were they? Was Totenkopf involved in that one? Not sure but don't think so.
I think this was mentioned at the time that Totenkopf was an unusual choice of markings for those AV's.

As you say not sure about Totenkopf either.I'm hoping to get that winter MG set at the next show.I really hope we get more Bulge stuff in the winter,its for me becoming a highlight of the K&C year.

Will you be coming to the December show/evening and assorted hoo ha James?

Rob

I reckon we will be too bankrupt from buying the Arnhem releases to worry about the Bulge stuff this time around.

Yep i reckon I''ll be there in December as long as I can afford the train fare! Not sure whether I will be able to make the evening though as It makes it very late getting back home.

ARNHEM! I'd almost forgotten about ARNHEM!.Your right,funds will be ltd this winter.Still,BRING ON THE PARAS!!!:)

Rob

Guys

From what i know the winter will be the traditional Bulge release time. However Mike is in HK next week and we may get another low down on this.

WSS sales against Bulge.............very similar.

Tony

Guys

From what i know the winter will be the traditional Bulge release time. However Mike is in HK next week and we may get another low down on this.

WSS sales against Bulge.............very similar.

Tony

Cheers Tony,that would be good to know.Always good to get the heads up on whats coming,helps the financial planning.

Rob

I hope the Bulge series continues, but slowly, so I can afford more of them!

As to the 3rd SS Totenkopf - I don't think they ever fought the US or British to any notable extent.

Gary

I love some of the vehicles Andy has been producing for this series,especially the White armrd car and the Tank destroyer,real quality.I hope this range goes on for ages yet.

Rob

I hope the Bulge series continues, but slowly, so I can afford more of them! As to the 3rd SS Totenkopf - I don't think they ever fought the US or British to any notable extent. Gary

Gary, you are correct sir.

Here are some information links:

3rd SS Totenkopf - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Division_Totenkopf
and http://www.feldgrau.com/3ss.html
and http://ukr-ww2.onestop.net/totenkopf.html
and Totenkopf - the origin of the German "Death Head" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totenkopf

These guys were so fearsome soldiers and some rotten human beings.

So these were the ones responsible for the murder of the British troops at La Paradis.At least their leader died at the end of a rope.And after all their atrocities how fitting that the Americans handed them over to the Russians where they they met a well deserved fate.

Rob

A very interesting divisional history to say the least. By the way, one of the articles make clear that the evidence against the hung commander may have been a little suspect. As much as these were rotten human beings, I shuddered when I read that they had been handed over to the Soviets.

I believe the K & C Hummel is a Totenkopf vehicle, which is why I won't be buying it (although I would have loved to have it but for that).

The Hummel is a Totenkopf vehicle?.Didn't know that.

Rob

Yeah Rob, the Hummel and the Gepard both have the Deaths Head insignia of Totenkopf.

So where do i draw the line?.I have resisted buying the Japenese troops because of atrocities carried out by them against British troops,do i do the same with the Hummel?.Its difficult.:(

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back