Is the Battle of the Bulge series history? (1 Viewer)

Rob,

It's what you feel comfortable with.

Actually, this subject came up before (can't remember where exactly). I had already purchased the Flakpanzer so it was too late for that. I was discussing this subject with Harvey Hammer on Sunday and we both didn't buy the Hummel for that reason: no desire to have something associated with a division that has guards at a concentration camp.

Yeah i can understand that.Sorry i was concentrating on the British murders and had forgotten their role in the concentration camps.I will have to think hard about this one.

Rob.

I have both and they are darned fine models. The Hummel is my favourite K&C vehicle from last year but I do kind of question the creative decision that decided to make it a Totenkopf vehicle when it could easily have been something less controversial.

I wonder if i could somehow cover the Totenkopf badge with another units?.

Rob

I read through the ten page article on the Totenkopf and the conclusion of the writer was that this division "proved time and time again that it operated outside the rules of law," not only referring to the Le Paradis war crime but to the Training Batallion's involvement in the "brutal abolition" of the Warsaw Ghetto.

I'm not sure how you cover up an insignia but it's an individual decision that each of us make on what we want in our collection. Maybe there's an English equivalent of Alex who can do a repaint for you.

Even by Nazi standards the destruction of the Warsaw Ghetto was a hideous crime.I'll ponder the purchase of the Hummel.

Rob

It's interesting but according to this article the Division was involved in the suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto but not as involved with the Warsaw Uprising in 1944.

Thats why i thought maybe i could put another units emblem on it.

Rob

To be honest - how many people would ever know what the emblem was?

You can take this too far you know with Toy Soldiers.

Have to say its one of the best looking vehicles i've seen.And the wife promised me one if i lose the weight.

Rob

I agree with Ron. I don't think by buying replica's of tanks you are condoning or commemorating any atrocities committed during the war. If you extend that logic you can't buy anything, as all these vehicles were used to kill.

I don't want to start or continue with one of those long debates. If people want to buy it they should. I'm just saying that for me, I don't want to have anything with the Totenkopf insignia in my collection.

To be honest - how many people would ever know what the emblem was?

You can take this too far you know with Toy Soldiers.

Most collectors do know what the death head means. I just didn't notice it when I got it. It's the same reasoning some people don't purchase LAH. It's a personal decision.

I also collect some of the Battle of The Bulge range, does the Ketterand also have this insignia on it??????????:confused::confused:

Hi Guys,

Fear not, the “Battle of the Bulge” range of figures and fighting vehicles is very much alive and kicking!

As Rob stated, K&C usually releases our latest “winter” Germans and GI’s in, yes, you’ve guessed it… wintertime. So, look out for more very cold looking Germans and GI’s in October/November later this year.

The last bunch of “winter” Germans were released under the “WS” banner because collectors can use them on the Eastern Front as well.

On a related note, I’m happy and delighted to say that “Battle of the Bulge” is one of K&C’s top sellers—both Germans and GI’s. It’s also one of my own personal favourites!

On a completely different topic… our upcoming “RAMMJAGER”… A few Forum members seem to need… require… must have… positive… definitive evidence that this little beauty actually existed. Well, I got the info from the book I told you all about… pure and simple. I liked the look of it and thought it would make an unusual and original addition to the K&C range. End of story.

Now if certain people don’t like it or have doubts as to its veracity well, as I’ve said a few times before, nobody is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to buy it. They have their God-given right to say it’s not for them and I accept that. However, for the rest of us, it might just be something a little out of the ordinary that will appeal. Time alone will tell either…

a) I’ve got it all wrong and it won’t sell or

b) I might have got it right and it will sell.

Anyway that’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Best wishes to one and all and… happy collecting!

Andy C.

Hi Guys...

...On a completely different topic… our upcoming “RAMMJAGER”… A few Forum members seem to need… require… must have… positive… definitive evidence that this little beauty actually existed. Well, I got the info from the book I told you all about… pure and simple. I liked the look of it and thought it would make an unusual and original addition to the K&C range. End of story.

Now if certain people don’t like it or have doubts as to its veracity well, as I’ve said a few times before, nobody is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to buy it. They have their God-given right to say it’s not for them and I accept that. However, for the rest of us, it might just be something a little out of the ordinary that will appeal. Time alone will tell either…

Andy C.

What is so offensing to ask if the jet you produced ever existed or is fictional?

Why being so irritated and disrespectful towards the people who are asking informations because they love planes and History?

Why is it a so big deal everytime that you think that maybe someone may criticizes you and/or your company?

Your nature? What an excuse to be regularly hurtful!

Pierre.

Pierre,

I don't think Andy is being dismissive as to the points you raised and I think you are taking what he is saying in the wrong way.

I think Andy is just saying that he saw the drawings in the book he cited, thought it would be a neat and different idea and wanted to make it. If that means you or others don't want to buy it's ok and he won't be offended. He just wanted to make something a little different. Nothing more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back