Italeri mini submarine (1 Viewer)

blaster

Captain
Hi All,

I opened another kit from my hoard. This is an Italeri WWII min-sub in 1/35 scale. A highly detailed kit and it includes photoetched parts. Really fiddly and not recommended for the faint hearted. I don't know why I bought it in the first place ...hahaha.

Anyway, I 've almost finished assembling it. It should make for an interesting display on my shelves.

Rgds

Victor

a.jpg

Very nice 😃

Several years back, I built the Italeri 1/35 scale German U-Boat Bieber mini-submarine model... The PE parts were definitely a pain!

4997907-A-96-A9-42-CD-A3-AE-436-F23-C8-DF4-A.jpg

Hi Wayne and tmanthegreat,

I've just finished the model barring adding of the view screen. The model awaits a coat of airbrushed paint and I am waiting for the shops to open...

Probably will go for a light grey colour although the box artwork shows a black metallic colour. I built the version with the longer torpedo (looks more impressive). The last part of adding the remaining PE bits was like the last stage of a marathon - absolutely numbing.

Your Italeri Bieber looks very good. I have the old Verlinden 1/35 kit resin and PE parts of the German Bieber. Hence I decided to build this supposed easier Italian version before I plunge into that.

The figures here are standing mannequins in diving sults. But that's 1/35 scale figures for you....:):):)

Rgds Victor

aaa.jpg

I sprayed the kit with matt grey and will add the glass panels and decals next.

a4.jpg

I finished weathering this kit and added a decal to the name plate.

a9.jpg

A friend asked me to repair and touch up his company model of a hoisting crane. Just finished.

This was about 1/100 scale. It measured about a metre in length.

Attachments

• a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 129
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 130
Hi Wayne,

Yeah. Surprisngly looked good. It was just a simple wash with dark brown paint and thinner.

Rgds Victor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back