JG Retiring (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
This may be old news to many of you but I visited his website today (which I hadn’t done in some time) and there is an announcement that he is retiring and will stop taking orders on December 31, 2023, leaving three months to complete any back orders and transfer the moulds and masters to an as yet unidentified new owner by the end of March 2024.

Yes there is a new owner who John is currently mentoring to be able to continue with producing his current range and beyond. Robin.

Correct Robin! And we will continue to carry the line and stock as much as we can.

Julie

This is sad news… I’m a big fan of the JG Miniatures products with them appearing in a lot of my vignette dioramas. However, I’m glad there is a contingency plan to continue and expand the JG Miniatures line and that Treefrog will continue to carry it!

John made some custom bases for my D Day and Gallipoli dios. Great work, will be missed in the TS world. Chris

I also had some of his products and liked them very much. Great that there is a new owner but also sad to see someone retire who's been in this business a long time. I do hope he enjoys his retirement.
Mark

Yes John certainly has done some great little scenic items for dioramas over the years, but wish him a long and happy retirement and hope he gets to do and see what he hankers after in his retirement.

Whether the new owner will feel content to carry on carrying all the items John has produced over the years or consolidate only on the best sellers time will tell. Personally I'd like them to expand the 1.30th scale range, especially the Terrain mats, doing something in red earth for us Vietnam war enthusiasts.

Lastly, hopefully prices won't rise too much in the future either !

When I started collecting, I started with the BBG BBA diorama , so thanks JG and enoy your retirement.

JPN

Just got my last order through today. Had some great stuff in the past. Roman fort, Foreign Legion fort, Ancient City Walls, North American wooden fort, gun emplacements,ACW Burneside Bridge mounted on scenic base, trees, tents tipees, Celtic huts, walls, fences, backdrops and much more.John will be a great loss to our miniature world but I wish him well and thanks for all the great stuff that brings my toy soldiers to life.

This may be old news to many of you but I visited his website today (which I hadn’t done in some time) and there is an announcement that he is retiring and will stop taking orders on December 31, 2023, leaving three months to complete any back orders and transfer the moulds and masters to an as yet unidentified new owner by the end of March 2024.
Re JG Miniatures.
I also contacted John who confirmed his retirement, and the "sale" of JG Miniatures to an "undisclosed buyer".

Some of you by now may already know, my wife and myself acquired some of John Gittings Range, via new Zealand and Abram Simon last year. This includes Romans etc. We didnot buy JG Miniatures per see however. But we do have a lot of the Masters and Moulds for parts of the JG Range he already sold in the past.
We aim, to re issue them in the future.

That's good news. JG Miniatures made some excellent accessories and diorama pieces.

Brendan

Hi All,
Just came across this tread and initially was terrified by hte idea tha JG Miniatures would be gone with th ewind for good and bye bye for quality diorama accessories of such wealth in range and details...
But the good news is that Sheffield Miniatures below link to the site has taken over and are selling the full range again with the promise of new add ons....

Hi All,
Just came across this tread and initially was terrified by hte idea tha JG Miniatures would be gone with th ewind for good and bye bye for quality diorama accessories of such wealth in range and details...
But the good news is that Sheffield Miniatures below link to the site has taken over and are selling the full range again with the promise of new add ons....
Correct! And we are slowly adding them all back onto the Treefrog Website and taking new and updated photos as we go. Shipments coming in fast and furious!

Julie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back