JG Winter Trees TOO Realistic! (1 Viewer)

Beaufighter

Sergeant Major
Cheers Gents,

Anybody having an issue with their JG Miniatures winter trees, shrubs, etc. being too realistic and dying off this winter? Seriously, JGs products are superbe but every single one of my JG winter items are really dying & falling off (drying out and turning dark in color) with foliage falling off just like the real thing. If it were not for the high monetary investment I would laugh it off but that is not the case. My display room never tops 80F aka C. 24-25C in the summer due to the AC. In any case, they are all removed from the display and the debris vacuumed away. A sad collecting day in the SouthWest Sector of the USA Toy Soldier Collectors Front. Pictured below is a partial sampling of the winter carnage on top of "you guessed it" a JG winter mat. Hoping for a better Arbor Day in 2012!

Happy New Year,
Beaufighter

IMG_0936.JPGIMG_0935.JPGIMG_0929.JPGIMG_0932.JPG

Wow, is that why they break off at the stem?

I love them and I use them, yet I usually go to "Michaels" or "Hobby Lobby" mid November just prior to Christmas and stock up on Miniature winter trees of all sizes.

Build A Rama new winter shrubs and small trees work well too.

Carlos

Marc,

If they're the real thing, maybe they'll grow back in the spring :wink2:

Brad

its not happened to me but, I know of a guy near me who bought some and the same thing happened. Its the adhesive drying out and, the whole lot will eventually fall apart unless reglued
Mitch

its not happened to me but, I know of a guy near me who bought some and the same thing happened. Its the adhesive drying out and, the whole lot will eventually fall apart unless reglued
Mitch

Mitch,
Do you think if you sprayed them with glue from a canister or perhaps the old hairspray trick that this would serve as a reglue process, what do you think? I built a ton of Woodland scenics trees and after building them I sprayed all of them lightly with hairspray and they are still solid about 15 years later................

Marc,

If they're the real thing, maybe they'll grow back in the spring :wink2:

Brad

Brad,

You have to be the most serious looking comedian I have ever seen. Good one. I might keep them around to spring just to bust your chops!

Best,
Marc

Mitch,
Do you think if you sprayed them with glue from a canister or perhaps the old hairspray trick that this would serve as a reglue process, what do you think? I built a ton of Woodland scenics trees and after building them I sprayed all of them lightly with hairspray and they are still solid about 15 years later................

George,

Good idea with the hairspray as I am sure your better looking better half has some around! I did try gluing the tops of the tress 4-5 months back and they held steady for a while before the bitter cold of the Ardennes facilitated a knock out blow to my JGM fleet of trees and shrubs. I wil light another candle and hope it warms up around here.

Hang Tough,
Marc

George,

Good idea with the hairspray as I am sure your better looking better half has some around! I did try gluing the tops of the tress 4-5 months back and they held steady for a while before the bitter cold of the Ardennes facilitated a knock out blow to my JGM fleet of trees and shrubs. I wil light another candle and hope it warms up around here.

Hang Tough,
Marc

She buys it by the pallet, always a can or two laying around if I need it..........hope you can solve the issues with the trees sooner than later.........

Warrior....

Never used it as an adhesive but, it sounds as if it worked for you. Only used hairspray as a paint technique for creating winter weathered AFV's. When I make foliage I use liquid glue in a mist spray
Mitch

Mitch,

Brad,

You have to be the most serious looking comedian I have ever seen. Good one. I might keep them around to spring just to bust your chops!

Best,
Marc

Marc,

You just can't tell with some people ^&grin

I will be awaiting the spring thaw!

Stay well.

Try using Elmer's Spray Adhesive (has fast tack, dries fast and clear, resists "bleed-through", and can be used as a temporary or permanent bond). This adhesive is also water resistant. Excellent results.

try a solution of 50% water and 50% white glue (Elmers/Aleens)...spritz your tree using a spray bottle (old Windex bottle...etc...)...sprinkle on some Woodland Scenics Snow on it before it dries...let dry and you're done...this should cover your tree agian for that "winter effect"...

here is a bare tree (twig from my yard) that I did it on...

Attachments

• 100_5292.jpg
    100_5292.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 187

Users who are viewing this thread

Back