John Lesinski's Magnificent Creations: Elephants, Camels, Boats and more! (2 Viewers)

Since Ken and Erika Osen made my son a magnficent "African Queen" diorama on which to display his Lesinski German Gunboat Louisa and his Metalshed African Queen, I managed to get him this Lesinski Steam Tender which goes really well with the Louisa:

Amazing diorama{sm3}{sm3}{sm3}. It really recreates the atmosphere of the movie starring Humphrey Bogart e Katharine Hepburn.

I picked up this set of Polish Infantry for my son's Lesinski Collection:

Attachments

• Alec's Lesinski Polish Infantry 2.jpg
    Alec's Lesinski Polish Infantry 2.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 185
  • Alec's Lesinski Polish Infantry 1.jpg
    Alec's Lesinski Polish Infantry 1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 186
Hi Louis,
Neice sets!
As a whole, great toy gun sets.....These will be a colourfull addition to ones collection.:salute::
The only observation ( only valid if you are looking for total historical accuracy ) the guns being pulled by the elephants, and manned by Indian garrisons look like French 75s and the British Army never retained 75s in their arsenal. As to the "bigger" gun being also pulled by elephants, this would have been the set up for a 40 pdr and the gun with a shield being pulled in the pictured set cannot be referred back to any of the period British guns.
Both Tradition of London and Britains have a nice sample of a 40 pdr...While the Britains one is now out of catalogue, the one from Tradition of London is still sold..I have attached a copy of mine manned by the Royal Artillery out in the Northwestern frontier for reference....
Cheers
A_C

Attachments

• IMG_2314.JPG
    IMG_2314.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 201
Hi Louis,
Neice sets!
As a whole, great toy gun sets.....These will be a colourfull addition to ones collection.:salute::
The only observation ( only valid if you are looking for total historical accuracy ) the guns being pulled by the elephants, and manned by Indian garrisons look like French 75s and the British Army never retained 75s in their arsenal. As to the "bigger" gun being also pulled by elephants, this would have been the set up for a 40 pdr and the gun with a shield being pulled in the pictured set cannot be referred back to any of the period British guns.
Both Tradition of London and Britains have a nice sample of a 40 pdr...While the Britains one is now out of catalogue, the one from Tradition of London is still sold..I have attached a copy of mine manned by the Royal Artillery out in the Northwestern frontier for reference....
Cheers
A_C
Great looking set! :salute:: Did John (Obee) paint it for you?

Hi Louis,
Neice sets!
Cheers
A_C

Do collectors still want figures like this , when the more modern makers are realistic, this was the 50's to 80's,

Do collectors still want figures like this , when the more modern makers are realistic, this was the 50's to 80's,
Yes, some of us collect both modern manufacturers is the more realistic matt finish, and traditional glossy toy soldiers. Call it nostalgia, but my collection is split about 70% modern matt finish, 30% traditional glossy, and I love both!👍👍

Yes, some of us collect both modern manufacturers is the more realistic matt finish, and traditional glossy toy soldiers. Call it nostalgia, but my collection is split about 70% modern matt finish, 30% traditional glossy, and I love both!👍👍

Given what I've seen of your glossies . . . which account for only 30% of your collection . . . you must live in a highrise to accommodate all of them!

Bosun Al

Given what I've seen of your glossies . . . which account for only 30% of your collection . . . you must live in a highrise to accommodate all of them!

Bosun Al

Al,

I am fortunate enough to have the entire third floor of my house just to display my collection. Between King & Country, Figarti, First Legion, and John Jenkins Designs, my matt collection far exceeds my glossy collection in volume. And that's not even mentioning the 50 or so uniforms I have on full and half-mannequins, and the 40 or so Steiff and Harwin Soldier Dolls on display. Anytime you get to New York, I would love to give you a tour.{sm4}

Thanks to Tom Dubel, my son added a second Camel drawn gun team to his Lesinski collection:

Attachments

• 1 Camel Gun Team Lezinski 2.jpg
    1 Camel Gun Team Lezinski 2.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 1 Camel Gun Team Lezinski 1.jpg
    1 Camel Gun Team Lezinski 1.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 119
I collect both glossy and matt with the same ratio as Louis. Not as big a collection though.

Louis can I come visit too 😄😄😄

I collect both glossy and matt with the same ratio as Louis. Not as big a collection though.

Louis can I come visit too 😄😄😄
I wish I could take you up on the offer, Gary, but I don’t think Covid will allow for it.😡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back