K&c acw (2 Viewers)

Capitolron

Lieutenant Colonel
I also wanted to start this American Civil War Thread

With the new collecting priorities - ACW has become my other #1 focus for collecting.

Looking forward to more K&C ACW releases - what about you ?

With the last ACW released in June last year .. I guess we will be seeing some new ACW soon. Hopefully, we will be getting artillery ... for both sides, please. ^&grin

OD

I need to catch up on the ones from last year :eek: Haven't had a chance to do that yet, particularly the Lincoln set :)

I have got the Union Cavalry. I want more mounted Union cavalry.
Best regards
Francisco

Brad - I am in the same boat - have to catch up on my ACW guys - want that Lincoln Set too.

OD - I 100% agree that we need some fine K&C ARTILLERY !

Forgot to mention that I think the next set of releases will probably be Confederates, when and where I don't know.

Since this is the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War, I wonder if K & C will do something special :)

It would be great if with the sesquicentennial starting in April, if K&C could time releases to the battles, either in uniform style, or specific figures.

I'd like some artillery, but Andy keeps saying he won't do it, so I'm not sure that will happen.

Right now, I'm just trying to pick up the 4 retired guys I don't have yet.

I do collect K&C ACW...I also reenact.....traveling to Virginia and Pennsylvania a few times a year ......would like to see some ACW to commemorate the 150TH .......from Manassas to Appomattox....but that might be asking to much!!!!!!!!^&grin

You know - a very cool SL Set could be a Confederate Artillery Set of the firing of Fort Sumter. ^&grin

Only one civil war figure in this set, but anyone remember this 4 piece set 'Great Americans' from 'Spirit of 76'? Some nice sculpting and painting.....

Whatever happened to Spirit of 76 Collectibles? Wasn't it set up by the rock guitarist with a big civil war interest?

DSCN3654.jpg

I believe they retired. I have the Jackson figure. Nicely done.

I think you're thinking about Neil Young but his interest was trains and he and a group bought Lionel. Don't know if they still own it.

I thought the biggest train in Neil Young's life was the old main line express

I believe they retired. I have the Jackson figure. Nicely done.

I think you're thinking about Neil Young but his interest was trains and he and a group bought Lionel. Don't know if they still own it.

From Wikepedia:

Other works

Aside from performing music, Jon Schaffer owns a historical collectibles store called "Spirit of '76 Collectibles", formerly located in Columbus, Indiana. The showroom is now closed in favor of online sales only. Jon has also stated that he started a comic featuring his character, Set Abominae, who is featured in some of Iced Earth's albums, including Something Wicked This Way Comes, Dark Genesis, Horror Show, Tribute to the Gods, and Alive in Athens. On September 11, 2007, Iced Earth released the first part of a double concept album based on the Set Abominae character and story, entitled Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1), which was followed by The Crucible of Man (Something Wicked Part 2) in September 2008.

I'm new to collecting King and Country so is their any reason why Andy will not make Civil War artillery or does it just not interest him.

I've always been interested in the Civil War, but so far none of K&C's civil war releases have really blown me away. Don't get me wrong, they're all really cool, and if I had the resources I would buy them, but I'm still waiting for that one release that just slays me.

I'm new to collecting King and Country so is their any reason why Andy will not make Civil War artillery or does it just not interest him.

I believe Andy just said he wouldn't do a horse drawn artillery wagon. My guess is the next release will include an artillery set.

My wish is for some zouaves.

Yes, I never recall him saying anything about not doing artillery. That would be odd.

Well, I finally got around to ordering the Lincoln set. Should be here soon :)

For the Record - K&C (Andy) has done artillery for just about everything that had Artillery - so I would think we should expect some exciting sets - both North and South !

His old ACW sets were based on Antietam - unfortunately - he never got around to the most important aspect of that battle - ARTILLERY !!

Hopefully we will see some sets soon !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back