K&C Diorama (1 Viewer)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
We just had the pleasure to meet Michael Haynes and see his amazing WWII diorama. Pictures don't tell the story on this baby - it's huge (and hard to take in all at once). You can see more images of it at http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/album/

Here's a glimpse of what he has:
Michael%20Haynes%207.jpg

Michael%20Haynes%201.jpg

Wow just wow. Can you imagine having that at home to play with?

I cant even begin to think what my wife would do about that! I am really amazed by the detail on that set up!

Dave

That's bloody awesome. I assume the P 38 is 21st Century.

No, I am not married, that is how I can get by with this madness :eek:

Yes, the farm complex is made up of six JG miniature buildings and many accessories (dept 56 stone walls, britains farm animals and Lemax people). The P-38 is a 21st century. All but about six of the men are K&C. I have mostly FOV and Britains tanks but all the other vechicles are K&C. I spent two years working on it and play with it every day. It is 24 foot by 8 foot. I used 3/4 plywood for the base with 4x4 timbers for legs. The cliff is made up of 8 JG cliffs, 4 coves and corners, and 12 raised sections. The remainder of the grassy sections are woodland scenic burnt and green grass glued on with a 50/50 elmers & water glue sprayed on before and after application. The trees (over 100) are mostly from the ebay seller I use, although I do have about 20 JG trees. The river is made from about 25 bottles of Realistic Water. The village represents a French/German boarder town and is mostly K&C Normandy facades and the Berlin Tenement. The buildings around the bridge are from 2 Conte playsets. I wish I had the Church and the rectory.

My next project is my new napoleonic obsession. :rolleyes:

Crap ! Now I have to buy another K&C Berlin Tenement. I never thought two put two togeather like that. That is an awesome set up !

I am truly impressed!! Once I get my K&C museum set up in my new house, I certainly hope you will come over and we can both play with our toys.

This hobby is soooo much fun. Plus, having found this forum, I have such a feeling of not being the only crazy person who thinks that this is such a neat hobby.

To all of you who have complemented me on my fun. Thank you. As far as playing with your toys, man oh man, Louis would I love to see all that you have collected. I can not wait to buy your book, get to righten dude! :D

The Berlin Tenements (the stuff that does not show-up in the photographs) have debris piled up between them. I used 8 bags of Hudson & Allen (H&A) red bricks and 4 bags of tiles with 10 bags of Build-a-rama debris. I also used a H&A plumbing set to make a pipe-run both in the air between them (like a plumbing run to the second floor has been exposed) and on the ground (as if torn-up by shell fire). I took a H&A oriental rug and drapped it over the edge on the 2nd floor (burnt holes in the middle and burnt the edges with a lighter to look fire damaged). I painted a Verlinden bed room furniture set and placed various pieces around the debris. I then took some of the new WS sets and made it look like they were an observation post on the 3rd floor in the building to the right and on the 1st floor of the building on the left I put some of the new tank riders and the patrol set members on some chairs from the FOV equipment accessories and made it an R&R stop while the three FOV Tigers are refueled and rearmed in the street in front of them.

I don't know if people want to know all this, but I am writing it anyway. :eek:

No don't stop.You have definately claimed some bragging rights here Michael.That is one heck of a display.I would think when Andy see's something like this he must have a big grin on his face.Not just for the money that you have invested but to see what his products can do in a professional based diorama.Mixing companies has turned out well in this case but I gotta say that K&C stuff really makes it happen and come to life.
Thanks for sharing. Gives us all ideas and DREAMS!!!!

Mike, that is an outstanding display, a work of art in my opinion. If you are in the market for a Conte Church, courtyard and priory, email me at gguerriero@msn.com as I've got one available.....................

Thanks for sharing pictures of your on going diorama. Enjoyed looking at the diorama and the information you provided. Might inspire me to try a large diorama. This fires me up to start some project. Thanks Leadmen.

Wow, look what you miss when you go away for a week! What a fantastic diorama, Michael. What fun to see your pics. Thanks much for posting them.

Dick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back