K&C Dragoon a Pied (2 Viewers)

I think this is really much ado about nothing This is a place for opinions. As long as the opinions are made without personalizing them, that's what the Forum is for. It's when we personalize them that we cross the line.

Although I may not necessarily like people's opinions about K & C (and this is where I am speaking as a collector), they can say it if they wish.

As Voltaire said, "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

I think this is really much ado about nothing This is a place for opinions. As long as the opinions are made without personalizing them, that's what the Forum is for. It's when we personalize them that we cross the line.

Although I may not necessarily like people's opinions about K & C (and this is where I am speaking as a collector), they can say it if they wish.

As Voltaire said, "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Couldn't have said it better myself Brad.

50% of the releases have old poses that we'd seen in the Russians etc.

50% were new poses. I will only buy those and skip the old poses.

btw, good observation, Panda

I just would like to say say that i really like the new Dragoons, despite some poses looking familiar. The reason for this being I have not bought lots of Napoleonics because of one reason or another. Now were I to start a particular set to collect it would probably be these Dragoons and for that reason I am glad Andy has included some old poses used before because I as a collector don't have lots of other figures from the Napoleonic series. Therefore they would not seem too repetitive to me or in my displays. It seems to me if Andy did not make these same old poses people would complain he is not making them and because he does he is slated for it as well. So I say Andy keep bringing out figures like this as theres an old saying "If it's not broke then don't fix it!" On the same note I would like it if Andy bought out some dead and dieing Dragoons to make the set a little more different as Panda and Oberstoskar have noted some familiar poses, so they do have a point to a degree:)

I wanted to respond to Andy's point on my comments regarding collectors desiring more line infantry and artillery.
I buy K&C from three dealers (I have been buying K&C for almost 25 years) and have constant conversations with seven other K&C Napoleonic collectors.
I have also gone back and reviewed the forum for suggestions on Napoleonic additions. No where did I see a request for foot Dragoons.
Line Infantry and artillery, Light infantry, Carabiniers, Polish Lancers, Russian cavalry, etc........
This does'nt make the release negative because truly if there was only one collector who enjoys these that makes me happy.
All the dealers did respond that more line infantry is often requested. My friends who collect also agree.
I purchased approximately 60 Grenadiers and Voltiguers and 30 Old Guard.
I also purchased about 90 Russian infantry (I put my money where my mouth is) as well as many British figures.
My point was that I believe Line Infantry will sell exponentially better than the foot Dragoons and compliment the already released figures. I may buy a few foot Dragoons but I would buy at least 100 Fusiliers.
Andy is a good businessman so keep telling him what you want! I LOVE K&C!!!!

My so much sound and fury for so little reason. Members should be free to post their candid opinion, good or bad, tiring or tedious, in whatever fashion they chose so long as it is not clearly insulting to another. I did not take the original "personalization" remarks as either condescending or insulting and it is unfortunate that it went somewhat amiss from there. It is not a K&C hate session to me to express what you don't like about a K&C release or even question why another member likes them. Brad says, exchanging views on releases is a large part of what the forums are supposed to be for. I have no problem with those who live and die K&C and chose to ignore even the most minor flaw and I am not bothered by those who spend countless posts singing their praise. If they feel that way, they should be just a free to express those views as those who don't. I would just note that it is sometimes useful to confirm a suspected insult before delivering an intended one in reply. I do hope however we can return to the point of the discussion, the dragoons themselves and take Voltaire's philosophy to heart.

Brad

I agree with you - and I believe that is what I said in my post.

There is no reason to personalize a post for any reason - accept to express a positive. We should stay on the subject and avoid the insults.

I also enjoy Voltaire - a good Frenchman :D - and agree with his quote.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back