K&C Event at West Coaster (2 Viewers)

Hi Steven
Thanks, I,d often wondered what sort of numbers attended these shows.It would be nice to get along and check one out at some point.
regards Rob

Steven Chong said:
I understood the new motorcycle and sidecar would be part of the WS line -- one figure looking through binoculars and one with a submachine gun at ready. Andy said Russians do not sell well, not that they would not sell at all -- his comments could be based on his actual knowledge of sale figures for the RA sets.:)

Thanks for the update. I think that sooner or later Andy will cook up something for the Eastern Front. Seems inevitable given the wealth of material. The Berlin set is fantastic, but may not have been as appealing to some folks because the battle lasted only a few weeks and does not have the notoriety of some others.

I received Sierra's monthly newsletter and in there, among other tidbits, they said the following:

"For WWII Collectors

Eighth Army for May. We saw the final pieces and they look terrific. Pieces include a Minesweeper set, Machine gun crew and ambulance. Also the surprise piece has been produced and I hope it will be released in June.

For D-Day in the works a Stuart Tank, Jeep ambulance, more ground troops, a couple of 101st Airborne as single figures in a very interesting poses, also a personality piece will be available. On the German side expect a new Panther Tank, looks terrific, also more ground troops, Motorcycle combination, Atlantic Wall pillbox with 4 German figures and some great personality figures. All of this is expected in June and July. A big change will be the introduction of more single figure and 2 figure sets.

For Iwo Jima fans we are expecting about 8 new releases of Japanese soldiers, this is timed to coincide with the new Clint Eastwood Movie, Flags of our Fathers scheduled for August.

For Fall of Berlin more Russians are expected towards the end of the year.

For Battle of the Bulge more Winter Germans are expected later in the year.

Fields of Battle more single piece figures including a French General, expected around and about July."

It was my understanding from talking to Andy that there would be no ambulance for Eight Army but that it would be for Northwestern Europe instead. Also surprised about the Russians but maybe Andy let it slip.

As for the introduction of two new series, completely different, I'll take a guess: one will be relating to the crusades.

Pierre.

If so, that's not likely to enamor King and Country to Muslim collectors.

Pierre said:
As for the introduction of two new series, completely different, I'll take a guess: one will be relating to the crusades.

Pierre.

And the Alamo?

Combat said:
And the Alamo?
Because the new K&C San Antonio store is close to the Alamo, Andy had prototypes of new Alamo figures at the West Coaster, including sketches of planned figures like Davy Crockett. As a result, the Alamo should not be one of these new series.:)

Last edited:
vandilay said:
Hi Guys
Thanks for posting the info on the show.Having never been to a toy soldier show and fairly unlikley to do so in the near future ,I was just wondering [a ball park figure]how many collectors attend a show like the west coaster.
cheers Rob

Rob,

Please see my thread under miscellaneous regarding paid attendance at the West Coaster.

Thanks guys for great reporting and picutres. I have always wanted to go to the Westcoaster but it just has not worked out. I am very excited by the 8th army soldiers. Too many times the Indian troops do not get the credit they deserve. One question I had was there any word about what the next limited edition soldiers would be? Thanks again for a great job.

Old Guard

Old Guard said:
...One question I had was there any word about what the next limited edition soldiers would be?
When asked, Andy said he wanted to keep it a surprise.:)

ucla1967 said:
Rob,

Please see my thread under miscellaneous regarding paid attendance at the West Coaster.

Hi Mike

Thanks for the additional link ,i hadent seen your posting on the other thread.
Its great to get an account of what these shows are like to attend and what sort of figures other collectors are interested in.

regards Rob

Steven Chong said:
I understood the new motorcycle and sidecar would be part of the WS line -- one figure looking through binoculars and one with a submachine gun at ready. Andy said Russians do not sell well, not that they would not sell at all -- his comments could be based on his actual knowledge of sale figures for the RA sets.:)

For me it's hard to understand why the russians don't sell well. In my opinion the RA sets rank among the very, very best ever done by K&C and they have a plus: they are original, with all due respect, there are just too many Germans around.

H. collecting,
Paulo

Paulo,

It could just be a question that people are just not buying them. Unfortunately, at least in the US, people don't know that much about the Russian contribution to defeating the Germans and instead think the it was the Americans and British who did it. And Germans always sell. Andy is a clever businessman and he just won't make something if he doesn't think it will have good sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back