K&C Napoleonic Dragoons (1 Viewer)

Octavian

Private 2
Hi Guys, I was just wondering if any of you kind gentlemen have any macro or close up shots of this retired range of mounted figures. I'd like to see some pictures. And for those of you that do own a couple, what are your thoughts on them??? I realize that K&C have done wonderful things with their sculpts and paint jobs since, but from what I've seen from their old catalogs, the Dragoons look very nice indeed.

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if any of you kind gentlemen have any macro or close up shots of this retired range of mounted figures. I'd like to see some pictures. And for those of you that do own a couple, what are your thoughts on them??? I realize that K&C have done wonderful things with their sculpts and paint jobs since, but from what I've seen from their old catalogs, the Dragoons look very nice indeed.

I personally love them ! :D

Here are a couple shots of the display in my office ... :cool:

Attachments

• user421_pic4259_1230355707.jpg
    user421_pic4259_1230355707.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 411
  • user421_pic4260_1230355707.jpg
    user421_pic4260_1230355707.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 410
Here are some promo shots - is this what you are looking for ?? :

Attachments

• NA039.jpg
    NA039.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 463
  • NA042.jpg
    NA042.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 400
  • NA044.jpg
    NA044.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 431
Hi Ron, yes I've seen these. Guess I was just wondering if there were other fellow collectors that had closer shots that, perhaps, featured more detail, or incorporated the Dragoons in their dioramas. Thanks for your efforts.

Here are some promo shots - is this what you are looking for ?? :
That upper left piece has the best Napoleonic horse I have seen from K&C and even has its mouth more properly closed. I guess I started all this too late, it would have been nice to have.;):cool:

That upper left piece has the best Napoleonic horse I have seen from K&C and even has its mouth more properly closed. I guess I started all this too late, it would have been nice to have.;):cool:

Whats the problem with open mouths? Is that against proper cavalry horse training?

Whats the problem with open mouths? Is that against proper cavalry horse training?
No but it is not a common facial postion for horses, even when running flat out, as in a charge. Also, even when their mouths are open, they are generally less open than commonly modeled in most military miniatures and also much less likely to reveal their teeth. Even in the cross country phase of eventing, which evolved from cavalry trials, it is not common to see them that way often. And then there is the fact that it just plain ugly. Now if they were fighting another horse, yes you would see bared teeth but that is not a cavalry charge and even in a charge against other cavalry, you would not usually see that reaction unless they were quite close to a horse they decided they did not like. Generally when they meet a new horse they are inquisitive first.

Hi Guys,
I've finally found myself some Dragoons, and no, i didn't pay an arm and leg for them nor "ten times the price". Bittersweet. Special thanks to a few good men on this forum that parted with theirs. Its most appreciated. Thank you sincerely.

On that note, I have a a question. Of all the Napoleonic french mounted Dragoons manufactured by King & Country (including the S series), what regiments did they belong to?

I'm guessing the 4th and 20th based on their uniforms??? Any info, thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best Regards

On that note, I have a a question. Of all the Napoleonic french mounted Dragoons manufactured by King & Country (including the S series), what regiments did they belong to?

I'm guessing the 4th and 20th based on their uniforms??? Any info, thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best Regards

Anyone??? :)

Guess i should have looked harder with the answer staring me right in the face. Empress and 4th regiments...duh :eek::D

Some times it is the last place you look. I am no uniform authority but from a quick look it would appear that the 4th makes sense (as would the 1st, 2nd and 6th) with the scarlet collar and turnbacks. A green collar and scarlet turnback could mean the 2nd or the 5th but I don't know anything about Empress colors.

Anyone??? :)

I believe K&C has made the "Empress Dragoons". It was formed in 1806 as ONE regiment of the Cavalry of the Guard. I don't believe there was a regimental number for the Empress Dragoons. The had the same uniform as the Horse Grenadiers of the Guard, except that the blue color was changed into green, typical for the dragoons. From 1809 the saddle pistols were kept in a 3-layered cover as shown on the K&C-figs. So the uniform of the latee period is shown.

Here are snaps of my latest Dragoon acquisitions. Ironically, the most expensive purchase was NA042 @ $71.00. The rest, including both the limited edition 4th regiment Dragoons, i payed $54 and $65. Again, a very big and special thank you to a few good men (you know who you are). These babies are now in a good home and will be much appreciated. Goes to show, if you look around hard enough, you'll find it without burning a hole in your pocket :D

na081svt4.jpg

na078sav6.jpg

na042rv1.jpg

na039fy4.jpg

P/S I'm still looking for more Dragoons to fill the gaps in the collection folks, so if there are other offers, please contact me. Cheers.

Hi Octavian,

Congratulations! You have obtained some great figures at great prices! The figures most certainly enhance your collection.

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

They do look good mate and you did very well with your foraging.:cool: Of course, as you know, I am looking as well so hopefully we can share.;):D I have not been as fortunate as you so far but I do (supposedly) have that bottom figure coming at a price in the range of yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back