K & C Napoleonics Question #2 (1 Viewer)

wadepat

Gentle Friends,

Once again, I am interested in information regarding Napoleonic figures. Bill Sager, on his website, posts a picture of a figure of Napoleon which appears on page 6 of the French Napoleonics section. He lists this figure as "NAP." He further states that the figure was made available only to those dealers who purchased a significant amount of K & C products.

I am fortunate to own this figure as it was presented as a gift to me. However, I have no information which might suggest in what numbers this figure was produced. Is it considered a rare figure or was it produced in large numbers as a promotional item? Bill Sager does not present any purchase price for this figure as it was not really for sale to the public.

What, if anything, do any of you know about this figure? Again, any information will be greatly appreciated!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat

I think the figure is rare myself...Peter and Shannon were nice enough to sell me the only two NAP out there and Napoleon was one of them. I know Tree Frog put Napoleon that you are speaking of on E-Bay and it sold for $113.00 US the other figure sold for $70.00 if that helps...Some people were lucky enough to pick theirs up for a reasonable price ($30.00-$50.00)..but for the most part I think this figure is rare and hard to find and will command such a price..

After all these two figures are the very first of the line given to entice dealers into carrying the Napoleonics line (large order)

WELLINGTON

Thanks Fishead....I guess I was close on the first and way off on the second......:)

Cheers
WELLINGTON

fishead19690 said:
These figures have been brought up a few times in past posts if you look back if these are the ones your talking about. Heres a link to one of the past posts.http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=713&highlight=pm01http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?t=657&highlight=napoleon

Fishead,

Thanks for the link. The discussion you referenced occurred months before I joined the forum and I had not read it. The discussion is helpful background for me.

Pat

Pat,

A little insight to those specialty figures. There were 2 made. NAS and NAP. The NAP was Napoleon and was the more popular. The NAS was the British figure which can be found on page 5 under the British part of the Napoleonics section and is the harder one to find. I do not even have this piece. If anyone has an extra let me know.

The deal was you had to buy a certain amount and you got the figure as a bonus. There was no sale price and they only lasted for a short while. I would say they are very rare and would be a great piece to have.

Bill Sager

bsager said:
Pat,

A little insight to those specialty figures. There were 2 made. NAS and NAP. The NAP was Napoleon and was the more popular. The NAS was the British figure which can be found on page 5 under the British part of the Napoleonics section and is the harder one to find. I do not even have this piece. If anyone has an extra let me know.

The deal was you had to buy a certain amount and you got the figure as a bonus. There was no sale price and they only lasted for a short while. I would say they are very rare and would be a great piece to have.

Bill Sager

Bill,

Thank you so much for this information! I consider myself to be doubly fortunate. Firstly, I am obviously fortunate to own the NAP figure and, secondly, that it was given to me as a gift. Receiving such a figure as a gift is my most preferred way to collect toy soldiers! ;)

Pat

Sorry Pat, they are PM01 and PM02......:) Napoleon being #1. Funny how things carry on...look at the second post on this thread it is by me and I had made a typo (NAP) and I see it carried on there from there.

WELLINGTON

Last edited:
Wellington,
That is the correct item numbers for the 2 sets. I listed them as I have them on my site as a reference only to the NA series.

Bill Sager

Bill, Thank you very much for keeping your site as up-to-date as you possibly can. It is great to have a reference site for buying decisions or just plain information about this great hobby.

Bill you mean PM01 and PM02 are the correct ones? I have both and both are marked on each of the boxes. Also if you look at that E-Bay posting (previous) by Treefrog they are listed the same.

Cheers
WELLINGTON

Wellington,
You are correct. Those are the correct item numbers from K&C. I will have to update my website to the correct numbers.

Bill Sager

There was also a Napoleonic figure produced exclusively for K&C UK, referenced as NAP-03. I'm not sure if it was a repaint of a Del Prado figure. I can't find my old K&C newsletter from that time but I'm sure that the Neville's could provide more information on that piece.

I have some of the K&C UK figures on my site mixed in with the regular K&C items. For example the AN011 is the figure from K&C UK. There was also the AK figure that was from WS27 that was made for K&C UK. I do not have all of them listed.

Bill Sager

CannonFodder1971 said:
There was also a Napoleonic figure produced exclusively for K&C UK, referenced as NAP-03. I'm not sure if it was a repaint of a Del Prado figure. I can't find my old K&C newsletter from that time but I'm sure that the Neville's could provide more information on that piece.
If any one has any more info or pictures of that figure could they please post! I,d like to see that figure or at least know what it was. I,ve still been looking for a napoleon figure that K&C did for hachette that was a special figure that was only given to people who subscibed for the whole set of napoleons marshal figure and book sets that were like del prado but in french not english. The figure is of napoleon sitting on a chair with his feet up on a drum. I wish that K&C would release it as one of there figures as I think its one of the best napoleonics they have made. That same company also gave out another special edtion figure that was a king and country french trooper standing at attension but by hachette not K&C.

The Napoleon figure for K&C Club UK, I have, it is very nice and it is similar to a DelPrado figure...BUT much better. The last two figures that Fishead speaks of I have never seen but would LOVE to get my hands on them!!! Does anyone have a picture of this Napoleon with his foot on a drum??

Cheers
WELLINGTON

Is this the U.K. special issue figure? Its A K&C or del prado/hacheete figure that I can,t place!

Attachments

• NA_400_3.jpg
    NA_400_3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 100
That napoleon sitting with his feet up on a drum is a copy from a painting, I,ve also saw other versions of this in model and toy soldier form.

Attachments

• 90-013-1.jpg
    90-013-1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 107
One more more, this is for firebat to get real to!

Attachments

• copy_of_dscn2223.jpg
    copy_of_dscn2223.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back