K & C Normandy Village (1 Viewer)

M

matosjr321

I just painted the village, what do you think?

Attachments

• 000_0031.jpg
    000_0031.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 354
  • 000_0033.jpg
    000_0033.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 000_0034.jpg
    000_0034.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 358
  • 000_0036.jpg
    000_0036.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 364
  • 000_0037.jpg
    000_0037.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 354
Looks great! George Guerrerro sold me one he painted about a two years ago, and I have yet to pick it up from him and see it in person . . .:eek:

3 thoughts

It looks really good - I like it much more than the original finish

Painting all the brickwork must have been an "endless" job

I thought the original Normandy village is an expensive collectors item. I'm not sure how it will affect the value?

Terry

Very nice job and welcome to the forum.

Rob

3 thoughts

It looks really good - I like it much more than the original finish

Painting all the brickwork must have been an "endless" job

I thought the original Normandy village is an expensive collectors item. I'm not sure how it will affect the value?

Terry

Haha the brickwork did take long long time. But my father and I both collect toy soldiers so he helped me paint some of the village, so that helped.

As for the value of the village, I'm not sure either. I waited and waited to paint it for a long time for that reason, but I finally gave in and did it.

Great job. Looks much better than the original. It may affect value but I'm sure that's not too much of a concern.

Fantastic paint job on the village. Looks much better than the original did. -- lancer

Damaging the original factory finish is not always a concern. Some collectors may welcome it. Personally I wouldn't risk it LOL but it does look GREAT !!

There was a gentleman (Freddy Green ???) that used to create works of art from old Britains lead figures. These are now in high demand and command higher prices than what the original figure would.

Is the scale on this 1/30th? For some reason I thought I remember the village being in 1/32. Perhaps this was from another manufacturer?
Bill W

Wow-what a difference some paint can make. Superbe job & thanks for sharing the pictures. The whole diorama really came to life with your artistic addition.

Tally Ho,
Beaufighter

Hi Matosjr321,

I think the work you and your father accomplished with the village is excellent! My compliments to you both.

I would not worry about the value of the painted village. If you enjoy it more as a result of your work, it is more valuable to you than it was before. Sure, the secondary market value of the village may be negatively impacted, but the joy and pleasure it brings to you is, in my opinion, far greater than what sale price it might achieve at a later date.

Thanks for sharing your fine work with us!

Warmest personal regards,

Pat :)

Is the scale on this 1/30th? For some reason I thought I remember the village being in 1/32. Perhaps this was from another manufacturer?
Bill W

As far as I know it is K & C, I have an old brochure from K & C for D Day figures and the village was displayed in it. But it is definitely a scale smaller then the rest of K & C figures.

Bill,

You're probably thinking about the Frontline version, which is too small for K & C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back