K&C Retroactive Price Increases (5 Viewers)

George, I think we would all chill out by you setting up one of your 20mm battles, perhaps a Napoleonic.....;):cool::D

Jeff

I agree George, let's win Waterloo all over again mate!:D

Rob

George, I think we would all chill out by you setting up one of your 20mm battles, perhaps a Napoleonic.....;):cool::D

Jeff

Great minds think alike, working on a huge ACW battle at the moment, but fear not, Napoleonics are up this weekend...........

No more responses to this thread...amazing. Can any one answer my question...Martin...Andy.

Hi Harschier,
Shannon from Treefrog here. As this is the Treefrog Treasures forum and Treefrog Treasures is in fact a King & Country dealer it may be due to common courtesy that you didn't get an immediate response from the dealer in question. It's rather bad form to go onto another dealer's forum and trumpet your wares--if indeed as in this case they are the same wares.
We cheerfully include our fellow dealers and competitors on the Treefrog Forum even though they are our, well, competitors and they in turn do their part to be gracious guests and not take advantage of our hospitality by using the forum to advertise themselves, their specials etc. etc. and we would do the same for them if the situation were reversed.
Cheers,

Jeff
Good though Jeff. I am always up for seeing one of George's battles, especially Napoleonic.:D

This is a very interesting thread. The argument that prices are skyrocketing, for raw material etc, and we must increase prices of already existing inventory does not hold any weight. Those older figures and tanks were made before the current upswing in the cost for labor and material. So how can you justify raising prices for items that were made in a different economy, and then say to the consumer you can buy the old figures and vehicles at the released retail price and then on Jan 1st, you will have to shell out 7 bucks more per figure, even though they were already manufactured. I'm sure this strategy will cause an increase in sales prior to Jan 1st, for those older sets, but be aware that in this economy, collector's will remember this and buy less and less. I have tanks that retailed for $89.00- $125.00, that included up to 4 or 5 figures, so when I see a new tank retail for over $200, with one or two figures, I just cringe. I just purchased the Winter ambulance, which was my ist vehicle purchase in over two years, which gives you some indication of how I feel about these economic times and this hobby.

Thank you George, I shall really look forward to it.:cool:

There is a sneak peak that Jeff found in my latest batch of 20mm ACW dioramas, a Spanish town that will be the focal point of the diorama.

Ok, now back to the discussion over prices, the Hackensack show, who dimed who out, etc, etc.

Actually, I know who dropped a dime; it was Fredo Corleone.................."I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!"

Whipped up a quick list of items that aren't retired yet, and were released pre-2009. You can check it out here:

Pre-2009 K&C Not Retired

This is based off the database I have to track releases and retirements. Should be pretty accurate for the series I'm tracking (don't have them all, SOHK missing for example), but if you find something in error drop me a line so I can correct it. Trying to be as accurate as possible. The retirements are up to date, but the releases for the last few months I don't have up yet. Doesn't affect this list as this is for pre-2009 anyway.

Take care,

-Rich

Whipped up a quick list of items that aren't retired yet, and were released pre-2009. You can check it out here:

Pre-2009 K&C Not Retired

This is based off the database I have to track releases and retirements. Should be pretty accurate for the series I'm tracking (don't have them all, SOHK missing for example), but if you find something in error drop me a line so I can correct it. Trying to be as accurate as possible. The retirements are up to date, but the releases for the last few months I don't have up yet. Doesn't affect this list as this is for pre-2009 anyway.

Take care,

-Rich

Thanks for posting this Rich, very helpful.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back