K&C/Somerset Skinner's Horse Mounted Band (1 Viewer)

GT1

Private
OK, gentlemen, I know that 100 of you have at least taken a look at these since I posted them 5 days ago. What I obviously didn’t make clear was this: I NEED to make a sale, and am ready to bite the arm off a serious offer. So, this is bargain time, and I’d much sooner one of you owned it than some stranger on Ebay or public auction.

Here’s what it is: a 12 piece mounted band of 1st Skinner’s Horse bought from K&C in HK circa 1987/8 (original vintage K&C large box) from originals produced by Somerset…I am pretty sure that this was part of K&C’s licensing deal with Somerset that led, ultimately, to the awesome K&C camel corps figures. The mounted band consists of one each of the following musicians: flute, oboe, clarinet, French horn, tuba, trumpet, trombone, bass horn, cymbals, plus 2 kettle drummers, plus British officer in native dress.

I talked to Ron Leh about the set a few years ago and he told me he had only made half a dozen of these back in the early 1980's and is only aware of one other complete set possibly still in existence – with a collector in India (actually, between you all and me, I suspect – but can’t prove – that *this* is *that* set).

If this incredibly rare (possibly one of a kind) set were still being produced, each musician and the officer would cost at least $130 and the kettle drummers would each cost $175 (take a look at Somersetltd.com for a quick comparison) for a total cost of $1,650. Add on the extreme rarity value and...who knows??

Because I need the money, I will let this set go right now for a fire sale price:
$1,000.00 + $15.00 Fedex shipping.
Skinner's Horse Mounted Band 2.JPGSkinner's Horse Mounted Band 3.JPGSkinner's Horse Mounted Band Detail 1.jpgSkinner's Horse Mounted Band Detail 2.jpgz 4.jpg

Re: K&C/Somerset Skinner's Horse Mounted Band - more photos

Skinner Drummers.jpgSkinner Oboe.jpgSkinner Officer  Detail.jpg

Re: K&C/Somerset Skinner's Horse Mounted Band - even more photos

Bobbie's Camera 071 small.jpgSkinner Tuba.jpgSkinner Cymbals.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back