K & C thinks "Komet" ugly??? (1 Viewer)

sterjunkie

The UPS man showed up today with my ME 163 Komet. After setting it up in the space reserved for it in my display cabinet I sat down to read the SL certificate (#375) that comes with it.

I only got to the 3rd paragraph when I came upon this sentence....

"Designed by Willy Messerschmitt and Dr. Alexander Lippisch the ME 163 was a short, ugly aircraft that could fly almost twice as fast as any of its Allied opponents."

Fast-yes
short-yes
ugly- ??? I always thought it was one of the nicer looking aircraft in the war.
Aside from the WOW factor in this plane, its, in my opinion, very sleek looking and streamlined piece of equipment.

Bomber crews excepted, how did this plane become ugly?

Mine arrived today also, I am very impressed. Its a wonderful item !

I also forgot that it was a numbered edition! I'll have to check and see what

number I got!:)

I got mine on Friday and I think it is a great looking plane. Also, I think K&C did a wonderful job. I hope we will see more in the Luftwaffe range.

The Komet is one of those love it or hate it type of planes. The more you know about this little plane the better you can appreciate it. The best KC release in a very long time in my opinion.

I received both of mine today and they are numbered 10 and 11.

Wow Alex thats cool, a top 10 in a limited run!

Nice going!

Mine are probably in the 1300'S:eek::D

I think this is an ugly squat looking aircraft.But that does not mean its not a superb model that would grace any collection.It may not have the sleek lines of a Spitfire or Focker Wolf but its a great aircraft none the less.I'm really glad K&C made this plane and think its an excellant release,if i wasn't so busy building up my ground forces i would have snapped this up.

Rob

Hi Guys,

Oops I’ve done it again! Sorry if I offended anyone’s sensitivities… but, compared to a Supermarine Spitfire… a P51 Mustang or a DeHavilland Mosquito the little old Komet is not going to win any beauty prizes!

That said however it is an important, historic aircraft and deserves its place in the sun.

And, I should remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. So, don’t worry I may not think its beautiful but I love it anyway!

Apologies to any Komet lovers,
Andy C.

Hi Guys,

Oops I’ve done it again! Sorry if I offended anyone’s sensitivities… but, compared to a Supermarine Spitfire… a P51 Mustang or a DeHavilland Mosquito the little old Komet is not going to win any beauty prizes!

That said however it is an important, historic aircraft and deserves its place in the sun.

And, I should remember, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. So, don’t worry I may not think its beautiful but I love it anyway!

Andy C.

:D Do you mean you can't please all the people all the time Andy!!;)

Theres no reason why something can't be ugly and enjoyable,thats what my wife says about me anyway!:eek:;)

This is a cool aircraft and something a little different from the normal Spits,Hurricanes,ME 109's etc.Speaking for myself i'm saving like crazy for the forthcoming summer releases so i had to let this baby go by,hopefully i may get it in the future.

Rob

Hi Guys,

Andy C.

It made one heck of a SAM!
If I started today collecting WWII aircraft , this would be it. The most dangeroud aircraft of all time, bar none. Being in the pilot's seat must have been like going 150mph down the highway with deer popping out right in front of your car(true story-Chevy Caprice) and you had to have a lot (or none ) of nerve to launch in this rocket!
I've seen the K&C model and it is a beauty!
Mike

Hi Guys,

.....Andy C.

The Komet might not take first prize, but an ME262 might. Puuuuurrrrretty please with sugar on top? In polystone? With none of those fragile propeller thingies to worry about?

I've got the Komet flying across the Atlantic to me as we speak, but I'm a little concerned that the shores of the UK might be a little beyond it's range..... ;)

Simon

The Komet might not take first prize, but an ME262 might. Puuuuurrrrretty please with sugar on top? In polystone? With none of those fragile propeller thingies to worry about?

I've got the Komet flying across the Atlantic to me as we speak, but I'm a little concerned that the shores of the UK might be a little beyond it's range..... ;)

Simon

A Me 262 night fighter would be even cooler :cool:

Simon

It could touch down in Bedfordshire to refuel before making the long trip up North Simon,there is a field right across the road from me;)

Rob

It could touch down in Bedfordshire to refuel before making the long trip up North Simon,there is a field right across the road from me;)

Rob

Yeah, but you know that there would be a Bedfordshire customs officer waiting for it to land, and they'd probably redirect it somewhere more local. Can't imagine where mind......:confused::rolleyes:

to the guys who bought the Komet.

can the tractor be removed from the plane?

i want to display the Komet without the tractor.

thanks in advance.

Nasir,

It's separate from the plane so it shouldn't be a problem. K & C supplied a separate connecting rod from tractor to plane

Brad,

the rod can be removed too i presume?

i want to display the Komet as though its about to take off so the rod has to go.

thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back