K & C thinks "Komet" ugly??? (1 Viewer)

Yes the connecting rod is shaped like a long L. The hook end fits into the

mini-tractor. The other end looks like something has broken off it (thats what

I thought when I opened the box). Its sort of unfinished and crude....but it

simply slides into a small hole in the front of the Komet.

Komet itself is very impressive! Well worth the price by itself!

You will not be disapointed.:)

I am number 205. It is fantastic and I'm afraid to take it out of the box. In fact when I gingerly pulled the cardboard tongue out it almost tore right off.

Seriously I was trying to be ginger!

The UPS man showed up today with my ME 163 Komet. After setting it up in the space reserved for it in my display cabinet I sat down to read the SL certificate (#375) that comes with it.

I only got to the 3rd paragraph when I came upon this sentence....

"Designed by Willy Messerschmitt and Dr. Alexander Lippisch the ME 163 was a short, ugly aircraft that could fly almost twice as fast as any of its Allied opponents."

I think that was a very apt description. It was ugly to fly as well, sort of like being tied to a rocket.;)

My comment after trying to put this set on display is you better have a deeper than normal shelf in your curio cabinet to wedge this bad boy in with the tractor in tow.:eek:

My comment after trying to put this set on display is you better have a deeper than normal shelf in your curio cabinet to wedge this bad boy in with the tractor in tow.:eek:

Yes, I got mine today and had to angle it sideways a bit. One of the best releases in a long time. Congrats to Andy and company for a fantastic item.

Mine landed a few days ago, after a fuel starved flight across the Atlantic.

Luckily, it managed to bypass the Bedfordshire Customs, but got shot down by Notts customs instead.

Got No. 163, which is rather fitting for this plane.

Great detail and finish on this and very pleased with the purchase.

Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back