K&C TM Terrains photo updates (1 Viewer)

Hi all, Here are some finished photos of the diorama David just completed for K&C, fantastic work is an understatement...Sammy

This diorama is spectacular in every way, the owner is one lucky person, imagine owning a one off, one of a kind display like this, would love to see this one up close and personal.

This is one of David's best work ever; I'd have to put his 28mm ECW and 28mm WWII wargaming layouts that were shown at this years and last years Salute shows as his two best ever, both are incredible..........................as is this one.

Absolutely magnificent! I have two dioramas David made, and love both, but this one is clearly his best to date! Wow!!!

Thanks for the comments and thank you Sammy for posting the photos.
I loved making it. You hope when you start a project that it will end up as you imagine and I must admit this one certainly did. i think Andy, at K and C, and I made a good team and it was great for me to be able to discuss building ideas and designs with him at every stage- I don't know how many photos went backwards and forwards between us during the build:)
Anyway, back to work- American civil war, the Sudan, the Russian steps and the planet of Tatooine are calling.....

Thanks for posting the pic's Sam, this would have to be one of the best diorama structures I have ever seen. The level of detail is amazing and it no doubt looks even more impressive in the flesh. Awesome work Dave and whoever owns this is one lucky bugger!

Tom

Thanks for the comments and thank you Sammy for posting the photos.
I loved making it. You hope when you start a project that it will end up as you imagine and I must admit this one certainly did. i think Andy, at K and C, and I made a good team and it was great for me to be able to discuss building ideas and designs with him at every stage- I don't know how many photos went backwards and forwards between us during the build:)
Anyway, back to work- American civil war, the Sudan, the Russian steps and the planet of Tatooine are calling.....

By the way, David, did the person who commissioned this masterpiece lay out the subject matter for you? Damaged buildings alongside road, alongside quay or canal, with broken bridge and shell and bullet damage throughout? Because it is a theme I have seen repeated by Andy and Gordon Neilson in doing K&C dioramas over and over since 1995, when they built a "ruined Gestapo headquarters diorama" with these same elements for the launch of their matt Arnhem and WSS series. I figured the K&C collector who commissioned the diorama might have wanted to see you take a crack at this oft repeated theme amongst K&C dioramas.

And, by any chance, is the Tatooine diorama being done for the father of Luke Neville?^&grin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back