Kc napoleon bonaparte birthday tribute...... (1 Viewer)

Bayern

Staff Sergeant
As August 15th comes in the less then a month I thought I would do a tribute to one of the finest Generals to ever take the field in command. I have studied Bonaparte as much or more then any other historical figure.

King and Country has done some very fine sculpts of the man, myth and the legend. I have collected all of them and set up a back drop with an Old Guard Grenadier Bearskin to salute the General on his upcoming 243rd I believe Birthday and these fine figures!

Please post your Napoleonic figures displays and dioramas over the next month as we near his Birthday!! I will be posting more on and off.

Ludwig

Napoleon 006.JPGNapoleon 004.JPG

Nice tribute to the "Corsican Ogre" . Love that Bearskin hat too. Where do you get all this militaria to go with your soldiers?
Brendan

Nice tribute to the "Corsican Ogre" . Love that Bearskin hat too. Where do you get all this militaria to go with your soldiers?
Brendan

Yes indeed Ludwig this looks terrific ! You are making all of the Napoleonic collectors drool right now {sm4} Looks like you have "All of the Napoleons" :wink2:

Love your collection man ... Are these all the sets of Napoleon released by K&C ? Did they ever release one of the "sulking" emperor, with a booted feet on a drum ?

Is one able to tell from his uniforms as depicted by the various K&C pieces, the approximate timeline that each piece represented ?

For instance, I can safely place the "Egyptian" Napoleon at the start of the campaign in 1978, and perhaps the mounted with greatcoat from Russia 1812 and the one with the greatcoat and hand on tummy as one from Waterloo. Would that be correct ? Can you or other Nap fans help place the others ?

Once again ... Thank u for sharing.

Bests
OD

Magnifique, mon amie! A fighting tribute to a fighting man! I love the bearskin- is that an original?
-Sandor:salute::

Ludwig,

what we now need is 243 figures of Napoleon posted in this thread.

You have started with K&C figures, all 7 of them.... so what else do people have hidden away (or on display) ??

John

As a fan of the Emperor, I can honestly say the one on the camel is my favorite.

Love your collection man ... Are these all the sets of Napoleon released by K&C ? Did they ever release one of the "sulking" emperor, with a booted feet on a drum ?

Is one able to tell from his uniforms as depicted by the various K&C pieces, the approximate timeline that each piece represented ?

For instance, I can safely place the "Egyptian" Napoleon at the start of the campaign in 1978, and perhaps the mounted with greatcoat from Russia 1812 and the one with the greatcoat and hand on tummy as one from Waterloo. Would that be correct ? Can you or other Nap fans help place the others ?

Once again ... Thank u for sharing.

Bests
OD

St. Petersburg collection did release a really neat Napoleon with feet on drum but I do not recall K&C doing this figure.
Martin
Kings X

As August 15th comes in the less then a month I thought I would do a tribute to one of the finest Generals to ever take the field in command. I have studied Bonaparte as much or more then any other historical figure.

King and Country has done some very fine sculpts of the man, myth and the legend. I have collected all of them and set up a back drop with an Old Guard Grenadier Bearskin to salute the General on his upcoming 243rd I believe Birthday and these fine figures!

Please post your Napoleonic figures displays and dioramas over the next month as we near his Birthday!! I will be posting more on and off.

Ludwig

View attachment 100646View attachment 100647

The EMPEROR RULES!

St. Petersburg collection did release a really neat Napoleon with feet on drum but I do not recall K&C doing this figure.
Martin
Kings X

Real fast and I do apologize to you all that left nice posts and I will get back to you. KC did a Hachette I think with his foot on a drum and Traditions did one with Napoleon's foot on a cannon ball in their Christmas Retreat From Russia Sets. I am a big Traditions fan, I have all the Russia retreat sets. If you look elsewhere on the forum you shall see some great displays being done.

I will answer all other queries soon.

Please post some of your pictures of your Napoleonic's everyone. Gotta go.

Ludwig

I think it was either Hachette or Del Prado (via K & C) that did him with feet on the drum. I believe they are rare and fetch good money on eBay.

Ludwig

Great Collection - If I get a chance I will post a picture of the Hachette Figure with Napoleon & Drum.

Until then - here is to our Emperor :

NAPOLEON !

^&grin ^&grin ^&grin

Ludwig

Great Collection - If I get a chance I will post a picture of the Hachette Figure with Napoleon & Drum.

Until then - here is to our Emperor :

NAPOLEON !

^&grin ^&grin ^&grin

Thanks for your post!! Where have you been.....I suspect the upcoming election me be to blame?

Stay on board the Napoleonic line has missed you.

Ludwig

Here is Napoleon on his drum....

nap.jpg

an Andrea kit I painted

AND another I painted, with Rostam serving drinks :), a 28mm kit by Wargames Illustrated

nap&rost.jpg

John

My Contribution
DSC06458.JPG

Walt Damon

Wow....just got in from shopping and thought I would take a look!!! I love the bust. Is this the Andrea miniatures? If so also who painted it? Masterfully done!! Exquisite!!!!!!{bravo}}VIVE L'EMPEREUR!!!!!

I also have all the KC dragoons. They are very nice. I have some old Mignots of this type too.

Thanks for sharing.

Ludwig

Yes it is an Andrea bust in resin. I painted it over a year or so ago in Artist oils over an acrylic under coat, The bust is mounted on an upside down tulip shaped light bulb holder from an old victorian lamp. (I find brass parts from old broken light fixures make unique bases for figures).

You may find the Fluer Di Lis a bit odd on a base of Napoleon, but it was my way of having him take a jab at the monarcy. It is a button (as are the bees on the sides) from a fabric store.

I have an extensive collection of Napoleon Busts I have painting over the years. I find him a fancinating personality, and never seem to tire of picking up "another" figure of the old boy

Enjoy
Walt Damon ,

Ludwig

View attachment 100646View attachment 100647

Ludwig,
Here is another K&C Napoleon - of the glossy version
attachment.php

I know it's not King & Country so I might get told off or banished (or both) but here is my favourite Napoleon piece - purchased at World Model expo in Glasgow in 2000. It's a St. Petersberg figure and is exquisitely painted. Sorry it's a bit blurry. I love the map, table, chair, flooring, etc. A real gem. My only SP piece and cost a fortune even 12 years ago!

DSCN4301.jpg

Everyone, Thanks for your comments and posts!! Sorry for no responses to you each individually....just so busy lately. Lo and Jamo just love the figures you have posted. I would like to get a hold of those some day!

Anyway a few more pictures from the collection towards the tribute!!

Below is the KC Strictly Limited set of four

005.JPG

The next three pictures below are of the KCS designated special FRENCH figures. All nine are pictured.

009.JPG
012.JPG
013.JPG

The last picture is of the NAP dealer promo again surrounded by all other KC Collector club Napoleonic's and one dinner figure.
001.JPG

It would be nice if the SL line would come back occasionally on figures again instead of just vehicle sets in my opinion. These were great fun to collect.

Thanks, Have a great day.

See you Later.

Ludwig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back