King and country napoleonics (1 Viewer)

wellington

First Sergeant
I am considering selling my entire collection of King and Country Napoleonics...not sure yet...what is my best route....E-Bay seems like a pain. I have evrything up until about a year ago in multiples with ALL the rare ones and special ones etc. I also have Britains Hougamont set (original one) with all figures and the Nelson Navy stuff.

WELLINGTON

Wellington,

As a Napoleon and Treefrog fan I think offering them on this forum would be a good idea, you get a air price and the pieces will go to fellow collectors.

Alternativly, Ebay is the way to go, but it will take some time and in view of the current recession it could even be that you can't catch for it what you think there worth.

Selling be means of consignation is an other option but then you let others sell your precious figures and that can take time as well.

The last I can think of is keeping them and sell them over long period of time.

Well that's all I have to say.

regards,

Richard

Arthur ( well that's Wellington's first name:))

I'd have to agree with Richard, as I've recently purchased some Napoleonics from fellow Forum members after seeing the advertised on the Classified Section. You will therefore know that they will go to a good home, be with thier fellow K&C soldiers and be enjoyed by collectors who appreciate the fine figures that King & Country produce.

I'm looking forward to see what you have on offer,

John

I will be also interested in seeing what you have for sale, being in Canada. I buy usually a big lot .. last one I bought was 40 or 50 figures .. :)

Cheers

Alex

Ebay works really well for popular retired pieces. I am not sure about Napoleonics, althought I have seen some sell for *less* than I believe they are worth, whereas anything Nazi goes for *more* than I think its worth...

I sold one of my incomplete collection of Romans, as a whole lot, went for about $1200, which was about 2X the original retail value of the pieces... good or bad, I was happy and it gave me money fodder for newer passions of mine.

Geez Wellington. Why not try Changing Guard Auctions? Or send the entire lot to the dealer you use and let them sell them on commission?

Wellington,
please let me know how or when you chose to put your napoleonics up for sale
Harvey

I recently read a three year old article that said that Steve Balkin at the Burlington Antique Toy Store in New York sometimes buys whole sets of toy soldiers. Might avoid some trouble selling it all at once. Looking at metalsofhonor.com, it appears that that owner might also buy whole sets, not really sure (he has a lot of retired pieces for sale). Good luck.

Once you get past $1000 blocks of figures, you may run into some resistance, or dimishing returns...

So my advice is to break it up in smaller lots of perhaps similiar themes.... this may be a good balance between a whole lot of small auctions versus one big monster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back