KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- February 2015 (1 Viewer)

End of K & C COLLECTING FOR ME

I see the Alamo figures are 49 dollars for the pair which seems a really nice option for those who want cheaper figures or are able to go the extra yard with the painting themselves.

I have become accustomed to waiting 12 months to feed my habit and usually there is something good to order . Have to say it looks like I have finished collecting K&C if this is what the Alamo series is turning into . Very disappointed in the overall look and style of the poses . The Mexicans would be great for bulking up dios as you could hide them but the others as main character focal points leave a hell of a lot to be desired . I don't mind paying the higher price if I am getting something of the same quality as my existing collection but these look like what they are described as , cheap holiday souvenirs for the non collector .

The Imperial Chinese will add to the Qianlong army and although the same figures the red uniforms are very attractive.
Years ago there was a great exhibit at the NY Metropolitan Museum of Art on the Qianlong Emperor and his Frontier Wars.
I wrote to Andy that having a range of some of their adversaries would be very exotic and colorful. I also thought it would
appeal to Chinese and some Southeast Asian customers. The Qianlong armies fought the Mongols, Burmese, Vietnamese, Nepalese, Gurkhas, Uyghurs and Kazakhs.
One or two of these adversaries would make a great diorama!

Hi Andy,

what are the plans on the Kriegsmarine line?

Thanks
Oliver

Nothing for me this time around, but I know more Napoleonics are on route! The Battle of the Little Bighorn and the First World War figures are particularly well done in my opinion.
Cheers,
Brendan

Really like the FT-17...little tank carries alot of history , first tank to use a weaponized rotating turret & was used to organize the very first US tank brigade under the command of Patton...Just very distinct & unique...got mine on pre-order...Would love to see a french or Polish version ! Kudo's Andy !

Joe

FT-17_in_german_service_number_122.jpg

While I like the new dispatches (as always); I would love to see some new DAK or British 8th. Maybe next month...?

Really like the FT-17...little tank carries alot of history , first tank to use a weaponized rotating turret & was used to organize the very first US tank brigade under the command of Patton...Just very distinct & unique...got mine on pre-order...Would love to see a french or Polish version ! Kudo's Andy !

Joe

View attachment 166961

Joe, I agree....Interesting little vehicle with a good bit of History behind it. Should go well with the 35(T) 38(T)early war releases !

Nothing for me this time around, but I know more Napoleonics are on route! The Battle of the Little Bighorn and the First World War figures are particularly well done in my opinion.
Cheers,
Brendan

Those mexicans could easily be re-painted for Napoleonics. I have done that in the past. Might do it again as I get bored easy.

Andy I like the truck too. Can't wait to see it in the shop or at the show.:salute::

Those mexicans could easily be re-painted for Napoleonics. I have done that in the past. Might do it again as I get bored easy.

Andy I like the truck too. Can't wait to see it in the shop or at the show.:salute::

I'm hoping they take the Alamo cheaper figures and make Napoleonic versions of them It would help to re-create the large formations that were used in the Napoleonic Wars.
Cheers,
Brendan

In thinking more about the Alamo numbering system, there is such a price difference between the regular figures and the plastic figures, there should be little chance that even a casual buyer would mistake the two.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back