KING & COUNTRY Dispatches -- June 2014 (2 Viewers)

Oh,

after all my 'ranting about the NAPs and their lack of kit', I completely forgot out complimenting K&C on a fantastic piece of Coastal Artillery !!!

And you all know that's the other theme I collect :)

SP063_group.JPG

The gun looks great, especially seeing the open breech and the gunner about to throw the charge bag into it and then get rammed home, but what really makes this one special is that the gunners do not have bases, so they look very realistic when posed onto the gun platform.

I see that the calls to make 'baseless' figures have been headed so these figures could also be used in vehicles as riders of on other artillery pieces.

Well done again, K&C, with a GREAT Dispatch this month !!!!

What’s happened in the K&C Q-Store ????

This is the 3rd set of NAPOLEONICS this year that haven’t been kitted out with their back packs and greatcoats!!!

1. Napoleon in Egypt (NE33 -41)
  2. French Voltigeurs (NA275-282)
  3. And now British Infantry (NA283-291)
Only the Royal Marines, (NA265-272) don’t have that sort of kit, but they live on ships, so their gear is stowed on board!

I suppose the excuse will be that’ they dropped their packs in the heat of battle to be able to move faster’, but I have never seen any British Infantry figures produced without their packs !!!!

John
[SUP]
[FONT=BOOK ANTIQUA,CALISTO MT,ARIAL,HELVETICA] French soldiers were not to take off their knapsack for combat according to [FONT=BOOK ANTIQUA,CALISTO MT,ARIAL,HELVETICA]The Extrait des reglament provisoure pour le service des troupes en campagne[/FONT]. But it did happen on occasion. In the Peninsula campaign, the light companies of Darmagnac's Division removed their backpacks in their attack on Aretesque Knoll. But these are exceptions. I hope packless NAPs is not a trend.

Terry
[/FONT]
[/SUP]

What’s happened in the K&C Q-Store ????

Only the Royal Marines, (NA265-272) don’t have that sort of kit, but they live on ships, so their gear is stowed on board!

Is this a cost cutting measure in the Dept of Defence???

Surely it’s not, seeing that the price of these figures has been slowly increasing over the past year.

It must be cost metal to produce the pack in fine detail by the Chinese makers……?????? 

I suppose the excuse will be that’ they dropped their packs in the heat of battle to be able to move faster’, but I have never seen any British Infantry figures produced without their packs !!!!

John

I guess to keep the cost of the figure lower these "accessories" are left out. That is why I feel the older NAP soldiers are value for money at $32 you get swords, backpacks, etc. Well those days are over now unless they can find a lower manufacturing base somewhere

If you noticed the newer tanks also doesn't have accessories like helmets, extra tracks hooked on to the sides, crates, etc. and except for the JADGPANTHER - most have only 1 hatch "opened" {sm4}

Oh,

after all my 'ranting about the NAPs and their lack of kit', I completely forgot out complimenting K&C on a fantastic piece of Coastal Artillery !!!

And you all know that's the other theme I collect :)

SP063_group.JPG

The gun looks great, especially seeing the open breech and the gunner about to throw the charge bag into it and then get rammed home, but what really makes this one special is that the gunners do not have bases, so they look very realistic when posed onto the gun platform.

I see that the calls to make 'baseless' figures have been headed so these figures could also be used in vehicles as riders of on other artillery pieces.

Well done again, K&C, with a GREAT Dispatch this month !!!!

I hope I am wrong but would the cannon and base be made of plastic like the recent crimea cannon ? :confused:

Some of the artillery crews I can used as tank rider though.... :)

Those mounted Indians are fantastic. I thought the last lot were a bit ... overdone? These will fit in really well with my other ones!

I absolutely love the new Afrikakorps pieces. Thank you K&C! The new tank looks fantastic and Demag will be very useful for pulling a 105mm. The addition of Rommel in British shorts is a nice surprise and I don't already have any seated figures, so I appreciate the new Demag figures.

Excellent!

Last edited:
The new Panzer IV looks very good and will do nicely for Sicily and Italy, especially Cassino. I would have preferred either the F2 or G "Mark IV specials" versions for North Africa service,, but re-toolling for those earlier versions would probably have been prohibitive.

Pick of the lot for me is the appearance of the commando canoes (harkening back to my old Airfix HO scale plastics figures!) and they look really well done! My other favourite is "Little Wolf". ^&cool Not much for me after that but if you're an AK, NAP, TRW or WWI collector its good times. No retirements either so all in all a quiet month.
I can already see the thread debating the "plastic" D-Day cannon and how its overpriced. {eek3} I note collectors in a dispatch thread commenting on another round of price increases and a reduction in what we get (e.g., generic NAPS that lack detail, lack of figures with AFV's, expensive mounted figures etc). I suppose its a sign of the times, "less for more". {sm2} In fairness this problem is across all brands and companies. I think this debate keeps springing up because this hobby is becoming increasing, steadily and unendingly more and more expensive for collectors.
As always I look forward to future releases and am particularly interested in some more Market Garden and RAF releases.

Pick of the whole bunch is the Tommies for me, I hope this the just the start of many, many more Great War releases...please. :salute::
Wayne.

I hope I am wrong but would the cannon and base be made of plastic like the recent crimea cannon ? :confused:

:)

I really like the gun emplacement but for the money there charging would not be happy if it is plastic ?and hope Andy will tell use what material it is !?

I think that Coastal Gun is quite impressive, not something you ordinarily see. Well done Andy.

The critics will say what they say, but there is no doubt: For breadth, depth, scope and range, no other company comes close to K & C. Not to mention the incredible regularity with which they announce and launch new product.

K&C is in the toy soldier business. Everyone else is just a hobbyist.

Andy and Team.....

Fantastic set .... very well done!
What I can say is that the set is more than due and will help us devising new dios and complex scenarios.....:salute:::salute::

Does any one how if the gun, pedestal and shield are made of " high tech plastic " - Poly or what?

The garrison is a very nice plus and can supplement other guns - as long as one can live with the difference in scale - 1:32 or 1:35 versus the 54mm of K&C......

Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

F.“FESTUNG EUROPA”
Hitler’s vaunted “Fortress Europe” was a military propaganda term used by the Germans to describe their occupied areas of Continental Europe. On the “Atlantic Wall” section of their defenses they utilized millions of land mines, thousands of machine guns and many hundreds of artillery guns both in fixed and mobile batteries.

On their fixed gun emplacements they made ample use of captured weaponry whenever it was suitable and available for their needs.
Here is a typical example…A captured 155mm French artillery piece mounted on a raised concrete platform complete with an armored gun shield cover.

SP063 “Atlantic Wall Coastal Gun”

WS282 “Coastal Gun Officer”

WS283 “Kneeling Soldier w/Field Radio”

WS284 “Coastal Gunners” Set #1
The first of 2 x 2-man sets of gunners in action.

WS285 “Coastal Gunners Set #2”
Two more gunners…one loading the shell…the other with the powder charge.

AVAILABLE: Mid June

I think that Coastal Gun is quite impressive, not something you ordinarily see. Well done Andy.

Agree Brad it is a very nice item but at £136.00 would be nice to know what it made of don't you as I think buyers have the right to know what there getting for there money ^&confuse

Agree Brad it is a very nice item but at £136.00 would be nice to know what it made of don't you as I think buyers have the right to know what there getting for there money ^&confuse

Very nice dispatches this month, but isn't the 70th anniversaire of D-Day? I'm missing some Americans! :)

I was very surprised! Loved the commandos and specially the coastal gun (brilliant!)! I wasn’t expecting any AK, but in fact thought D-Day Americans would be this dispatches main course…

Seems to me that you have a right to want to know what it's made of before making a decision...yet other people have a right to like it without that information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back