King & Country to sell all in mInt (2 Viewers)

We are in the liquidation phase of the hobby right now and it's only going to get worse.

Old retail AT BEST for a lot of retired items is now the norm, you can also in some cases get current retail prices, ie, if the item was being made today, it would be priced at $X and you can get that price, but in most cases, that's not going to happen.

Go to a toy soldier show, it's table after table of collectors looking to dump parts or entire collections, there are less and less dealers and more collectors dumping.

As a seller, if you aren't prepared to sell at a loss, it's going to be a long slog.

We are in the liquidation phase of the hobby right now and it's only going to get worse.

Old retail AT BEST for a lot of retired items is now the norm, you can also in some cases get current retail prices, ie, if the item was being made today, it would be priced at $X and you can get that price, but in most cases, that's not going to happen.

Go to a toy soldier show, it's table after table of collectors looking to dump parts or entire collections, there are less and less dealers and more collectors dumping.

As a seller, if you aren't prepared to sell at a loss, it's going to be a long slog.

I do not disagree with what you are saying but I would like to add one more observation. As the hobby progresses there are many more high quality manufacturers today which also exacerbates the amount of good stuff out there for a small market. The marginal companies have gone by the wayside and the existing companies keep producing higher quality items which makes a lot of the older stuff not as desirable.

If you compare some of the newer King & Country to some of the earlier stuff they made the quality difference is easy to see. That is the same for Britains, Figarti, & JJD just to name a few. I think First Legion and some of the newer companies keep raising the bar for collectors expectations. Again this is just my observation. So when an item is advertised as RETIRED it does not have the same effect as it did 5-10 years ago.

Thanks
Howard

"
I do not disagree with what you are saying but I would like to add one more observation. As the hobby progresses there are many more high quality manufacturers today which also exacerbates the amount of good stuff out there for a small market. The marginal companies have gone by the wayside and the existing companies keep producing higher quality items which makes a lot of the older stuff not as desirable.

If you compare some of the newer King & Country to some of the earlier stuff they made the quality difference is easy to see. That is the same for Britains, Figarti, & JJD just to name a few. I think First Legion and some of the newer companies keep raising the bar for collectors expectations. Again this is just my observation. So when an item is advertised as RETIRED it does not have the same effect as it did 5-10 years ago.

Thanks
Howard"

H,
Great point...……………………….as the hobby progresses, so does the quality, sculpting techniques evolve, painting techniques do as well. As time goes on, offerings from all manufacturers who stay in the game get better.

And no, you are spot on in that "retired" does not have the same meaning now as it did several years ago.

Well said...…………..

Hi everyone,

i received lots of offers thank you , but 99% of the offers are way below retail prices.

Well, im not ready to sell anything at 15-40% below retail.
im not in need of money, not at all.
i just need to make room.

so i decided to stop this.

sorry

Serge

Serge,

I’ve only known one person who successfully sold off a collection as large as yours. That was lenswerk/Donnie from here on the forum. It might be useful for you to contact him. He’s a great person, and I bet he could share some great insights concerning his experiences, and what you can expect when you finally do decide to take the plunge. Regardless of when that might be, I hope that you get what you want, $$$-wise, and can continue to enjoy collecting.

-Moe

"

Thanks
Howard"

H,
Great point...……………………….as the hobby progresses, so does the quality, sculpting techniques evolve, painting techniques do as well. As time goes on, offerings from all manufacturers who stay in the game get better.

And no, you are spot on in that "retired" does not have the same meaning now as it did several years ago.

Well said...…………..

I totally agree unless the retired figure is one that two or more collectors are looking for! FL foot figure standard bearer as an example sold on eBay for $520 last month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back