King & Country UK website. (1 Viewer)

NicktheBaggie

Private
Anyone know what happenig with the K&C UK website? No monthly updates, no catagories to make a purchase from?

Just looked and the new Ikes and the Duellists as well as all the plinths are at the top of their new releases

Notice that too last night when I was looking for something, no drop down for purchases? I did think the stand at the latest London show was really bare, but it has been like that for a while........

It looks like they just stopped doing business.

I suppose they are closed until...

JPB

the other company they run from the same premises is not taking orders on the website.

Maybe they are waiting till the 1st July to take your orders because a lot of items will see a substantial retail price increase of $5 and more
guy:)

UK prices always have been expensive,

In reality, it's VAT and import duty that makes it so expensive. Just sent and iPad to family member in the UK from HK as a birthday gift and it's liable for full VAT and import taxes, this on top of the FedEx charges makes me wish I'd just taken it there myself.

KnC do all their business in USD practically as the HK dollar is pegged and that makes it prohibitive at the moment.

I use their website regularly so I hope it's just a glitch and normal service will resume as soon as possible.

In reality, it's VAT and import duty that makes it so expensive. Just sent and iPad to family member in the UK from HK as a birthday gift and it's liable for full VAT and import taxes, this on top of the FedEx charges makes me wish I'd just taken it there myself.

KnC do all their business in USD practically as the HK dollar is pegged and that makes it prohibitive at the moment.

I use their website regularly so I hope it's just a glitch and normal service will resume as soon as possible.

Firstly the comment on price was a statement of mere fact. I would like to know where these countries are we do not have VAT and import duty in Europe. Other countries such as Germany [20% vat], France [19% vat], I could go on but all the countries in Europe have VAT and also they have import duties which are roughly the same! That is not what makes them expensive. Finally sending an Ipad through FedEx is not the same as K & C importing 100,000 pounds and container loads every year.

There has been too many threads on price to have a new one. it all boils down to like it, like the price, buy it. if you do not agree with the first two then simply do not buy. I buy from Italy as is about 25-30% cheaper, this is a personal choice, but I do buy in UK but mainly on ebay for example just picked up the following sets, WS198 FOR £75 instead of £180 and also WH for £110 instead of £190, inclusive of postage. There is an opportunity to buy at a discount and I think the difference in price has never been fully explained. does not matter now.

Firstly the comment on price was a statement of mere fact. I would like to know where these countries are we do not have VAT and import duty in Europe. Other countries such as Germany [20% vat], France [19% vat], I could go on but all the countries in Europe have VAT and also they have import duties which are roughly the same! That is not what makes them expensive. Finally sending an Ipad through FedEx is not the same as K & C importing 100,000 pounds and container loads every year.

There has been too many threads on price to have a new one. it all boils down to like it, like the price, buy it. if you do not agree with the first two then simply do not buy. I buy from Italy as is about 25-30% cheaper, this is a personal choice, but I do buy in UK but mainly on ebay for example just picked up the following sets, WS198 FOR £75 instead of £180 and also WH for £110 instead of £190, inclusive of postage. There is an opportunity to buy at a discount and I think the difference in price has never been fully explained. does not matter now.
Well said

The pound is very strong and prices are high compared to the dollar and the euro.

Not so sure about the Dollar, but it's doing well against the Euro, come Friday after the referendum could be a lot different picture.

Still for what I collect I have made an extra couple of purchases, that otherwise I'd be putting off for a month or two with the pretty reasonable current Euro exchange rate.

Steve

Anyone know what happenig with the K&C UK website? No monthly updates, no catagories to make a purchase from?

Its gone, Hong Kong wanted them to shut down. kingandcountry.com is the only place to buy, but beware of tax and import charges, if you want to know more about that check out the thread I just created, I'm awaiting answers.

Its gone, Hong Kong wanted them to shut down. kingandcountry.com is the only place to buy, but beware of tax and import charges, if you want to know more about that check out the thread I just created, I'm awaiting answers.

This is not the case, please stop spreading senseless rumours. Andy had already addressed this in another thread.

Anyone start panicking when he HK website went down this afternoon? 😂😂 it's a consiracy theorists' dream. Good job I saw the shop open at lunchtime 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back