King Tiger And Jagdpanther (1 Viewer)

VIRIATO

Command Sergeant Major
Hello all,
I've just read somewhere else that the King Tiger barrel does elevate, but it doesn't hold elevated and drops if you don´t hold it with a finger. Same thing for the Jagdpanther. Well, I have an old Solido Jagdpanther, the same happens, but I guess it was meant that way and I don't really mind. On K&C's case is this a defect or not? Can Andy clarify this for us? What would your reaction be on this? Does it happen with all King Tigers and Jagdpanthers? Illuminate me please, King Tiger is on the wish list!

Best wishes,
Paulo

You are correct. Both guns tend to be a bit, er, limp. Ithink it has to do with the length and weight of the gun barrel.

There is putty type of product that K&C used to include with thier older polystone vehicles when the barrel was a separate piece - not attached to the vehicle.

Maybe somebody here knows what that stuff was called? I liked it because it didn't do any damage to the paint or details on the model and it would surely provide a little extra support.

Attachments

• 100_7020.jpg
    100_7020.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_7021.jpg
    100_7021.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_7022.jpg
    100_7022.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_7023.jpg
    100_7023.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_7024.jpg
    100_7024.jpg
    492.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 100_7025.jpg
    100_7025.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Desktop Wallpaper.jpg
    Desktop Wallpaper.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 3
the material used by k&c is a putty found in any craft or hobby store.it is very much like "silly putty" and can be pulled apart.i take a small piece of this putty and secure it just under the gunto obtain the desired gun elevation.i then very carefully use a fine paint brush and match a color to the color of the gun.once painted you would be hard put to notice it.i have used this on the 88 and other "loose" guns that k&c have produced,k&c provided a blue putty in their sets.i use a white putty,easier to paint,recently gave brad some of this material,hope it worked out.be sure you use the non toxic craft putty and not 'SILLY PUTTY'.

HARVEY
h.hammer

I Have A Product Callled Wax N Stick That Comes In A Plastic Container I Apply Using A Small Knife To Cut The Amount Of Wax Im Going To Use To A Figure Or Piece It Can Be Found In A Good Arts & Crafts Store Or Hobby Store Its Used To Display Pieces Without Them Falling Over Or Holding Something Together Like The K&c Gun Barrels Almost Like Item Is Glued But This Product Is More Like A Clear Colored Wax And It Is Removable Works Great
Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back