kronprinz, starnge days (1 Viewer)

emilio

Sergeant
Strange Days

We are living in strange times. Strange days because I can not understand the reason. I do not know who favors the path we are facing.
It seems as if some hidden power is interested in the disappearance of the middle class, and that is reflected in all levels of life, even in our hobby.
As prices rise , in my opinion, not too justified, the number of fans with purchasing power decreases clearly. How many collectors can accumulate 60 € figures? Obviously only those with a high purchasing power. The rest will slowly give up the hobby, pressured by other more urgent needs. This will lead to the disappearance of the weakest firms, which are often the only ones struggling to keep prices at bay. That way only one or two pairs of brands will remain, those with higher prices and marketing policies, have managed to turn an open hobby into an elitist investment.

Can we do something to avoid it?
We are clear, and you?

I used to think it was paranoia, but lately there are too many stones along the way.

i think with your new 28mm figures,it will be a succes.i want the western range of course,but also a socond range.i,m thinking to collect the napoleon range or the civil war range.i dont now wich range is going to be the biggest?dont now when you released the 28mm figures?best regards ronald.

I think Emilio is correct. There seem to be less posts on the forum than they use to be. Just an impression
Benjamin

This year I have limited my purchases to a minimum and I have sold enough figures in my collection. The crisis and prices have been with me.

Francisco

This seems a gloomy sentiment. I actually have the impression that things in the "new toy soldier" world are going well. I am a new buyer. Years ago my collecting was in 54mm glossy like Trophy, which I still have, but I am a convert to the new style. New figures from all five major producers. Quality up. Prices up, yes. And that is a legitimate concern. I was going to buy my American Civil War from First Legion, but after seeing the outstanding new figures (basically the post-ERTL era) produced by Britains, I have been buying there. And I have discovered Kronprinz Miniatures on these pages and placed several orders. I hope to place many more, so you must stay around and be happy! Thank you for your wonderful figures on great topics.

I think Emilio is correct. There seem to be less posts on the forum than they use to be. Just an impression
Benjamin

Not to worry. I will be posting soon. I also put in an order with Kronprinz. Gotta like Galvez, Rhet Butler, and Scarlett O'Hara. Emilio, your personality figures are incredible!
MikeNick

I have stopped buying the larger figures except for a few kits which I can have done at my pace.I now collect 28mm French & Indian War which I have gotten almost all the figures I need unless something new comes out and I'm collecting 28mm Spanish-American War from a new company 1898 Miniaturas. Just couldn't keep up with the larger figures plus I like dioramas/vignettes and the smaller figures lend themselves to that.
Mark

In these last years, only First Legion and K & C maintain a important number of figures in their releases.

Emilio,

For sure I'm glad kronprinz arrived.
You are the only guys producing 1898 Spanish American war in 1/32....... and I have waited for years
For a manufacturer to produce. So I bought them all . Anything else coming in that range I will purchase for sure.

I'm hoping that the stones in your path do not grow to become great big boulders.

Best
Andrew
:salute::

Agree that higher prices are squeezing collectors to make harder choices - in my case, I have mostly stopped FL and K&C purchases due to price, but also scale incompatibility. In the case of Kronprinz, the figures are very good and scale is compatible with newer Britains, but for me, the number of figures in wwII is too limited. Kronprinz US airborne figures and tank commanders are great, I bought them all; but there have not been anymore releases. The great strength of FL and K&C is they continually add to their existing lines so collectors can can expand within one consistent style and scale. Others like CS jump into all different areas with scattered releases. IMO, if a company doesn't commit to continuation of existing lines, then collectors will simply look elsewhere.

Mike

Emilio,

For sure I'm glad kronprinz arrived.
You are the only guys producing 1898 Spanish American war in 1/32....... and I have waited for years
For a manufacturer to produce. So I bought them all . Anything else coming in that range I will purchase for sure.

I'm hoping that the stones in your path do not grow to become great big boulders.

Best
Andrew
:salute::

Thank you Andrew

we are making new spanish , rough riders, mambises and tagalos .Now are only sketches

Regards

Emilio

Agree that higher prices are squeezing collectors to make harder choices - in my case, I have mostly stopped FL and K&C purchases due to price, but also scale incompatibility. In the case of Kronprinz, the figures are very good and scale is compatible with newer Britains, but for me, the number of figures in wwII is too limited. Kronprinz US airborne figures and tank commanders are great, I bought them all; but there have not been anymore releases. The great strength of FL and K&C is they continually add to their existing lines so collectors can can expand within one consistent style and scale. Others like CS jump into all different areas with scattered releases. IMO, if a company doesn't commit to continuation of existing lines, then collectors will simply look elsewhere.

Mike

Thank you Mike

The lack of time is the problem . I hope that in a near near future all the collections will be continued

regards

Emilio

I think both Emilio and Ken Osen have demonstrated that high quality figures can be produced at
reasonable prices. Emilio's Panzer Kommanders and WB Fallschirmjager are excellent examples IMO. I display both with the Figarti Tiger I late production and the Panther G. I have posted photos of both displayed in scene. I think the Figarti Tiger I #222 is equal to the FL Tiger I #222 in every way at 1/2 the cost. I cannot justify the cost of an FL Panzer unless it is substantially superior to other 1/30 models i.e. metal tracks, sprung suspension etc.

Bragging rights of deep pocket collectors should support buying Aero Art figures over FL or K&C; they cost even more but are clearly superior. Why buy second best?

i agree.the kronprinz miniatures and w.britain figures are from a high quality and with reasonable prices.my favorite range is the classic us cavalry western range.i have some figures.i hope so there will come some new figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back