LaColeccion (4 Viewers)

Hi Guys,

To make it easier to see the collection in one thread I merged them. This is a great collection and should be viewed together.

Thanks for sharing it.

Dave

You are to be congratulated! An absolutely magnificent collection presented in the "traditional" format. Personally feel a strong affinity for your display cabinets, as the figures are presented in precisely the same way I have chosen to present my collection. Even observed several of your sets identical to those I have. If you happen to be interested you might want to take the time to glance at the following on my blog page; http://arnhemjim.blogspot.com/2011/06/less-we-forget-past-glories-remembrance.html and http://arnhemjim.blogspot.com/2013/08/an-addendum-to-collecting-toy.html.
Arizona Territory

Excellent collection! You have many beautiful figures and militaria. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
Brendan

You have a great collection! I am really impressed. Although I recognized many of the manufacturers on display, there were others that I had not seen before.

I agree with the others, very nice collection and thanks for sharing it with us!

When I saw the Guard Corps review party and the Kaiser in the first post, I didn't realize that it was a taste of things to come. I think we share interest in the same subject. I agree with Mike (ucla1967), you have a great selection of figures by makers I don't think I've seen before.

Again, thanks for sharing!

Prosit!
Brad

Really like the heavy guns. Nice to see something a little different bordering on the wow factor. Pleased you are sharing your amazing collection. Robin.

Spectacular artillery pieces - those smaller canon with the caissons are great

Bob
you are well oriented, the AH crew are Metal Modeles bodies of the austrian infantry and french officer with modified heads of Monogram Merite afriq corps heads.
The german security detachment are also Metal Model bodies of the officer converted to privates plus the surplus peaklss heead of the germnd infantry kit plus a scratch peak.

glad everybody enjoys the Coleccion.
regadds
RFL

Bob
you are well oriented, the AH crew are Metal Modeles bodies of the austrian infantry and french officer with modified heads of Monogram Merite afriq corps heads.
The german security detachment are also Metal Model bodies of the officer converted to privates plus the surplus peaklss heead of the germnd infantry kit plus a scratch peak.

glad everybody enjoys the Coleccion.
regadds
RFL

Hi RFL,

Thank you for the clarification on the source of the figures. Appreciated.

I am well pleased that I was at least half right in my assumptions.

Regards,

Bob

Spectacular artillery pieces - those smaller canon with the caissons are great
Zach
the barrels came from Artesania Latina Krupp 75mm an the wheels are from old Hinchcliffe kits, the rest is homemade in brass. they are swiss model krupps
regards
RFL

You certainly have a wonderful and extensive collection.Well displayed in a traditional manner.Congratulations.

Fantastic collection with sectacular artillery pieces. The Skoda piece is my favourite. Noticed those nice boats as well. Are they made of tinplate ????
Thank you very much for shareing
Kind Regards
Wolfgang:salute::

Wolfgang:
Thanks, the Skoda is made of steel of a heavier gauge than tin plate, with turned barrel. the rest of the artillery pieces are brass. Ship and boats are wooden with metal steam engines and details. You can find two other threads in Collections: Krupp 280 mm Coastal Gun and Heavy artillery, a british 14 inch railway gun both pieces are made of steel.
Regards
RFL

Wolfgang:
Thanks, the Skoda is made of steel of a heavier gauge than tin plate, with turned barrel. the rest of the artillery pieces are brass. Ship and boats are wooden with metal steam engines and details. You can find two other threads in Collections: Krupp 280 mm Coastal Gun and Heavy artillery, a british 14 inch railway gun both pieces are made of steel.
Regards
RFL[/QUOTE]

Hello RFL,
thank you very much for your answer. Outstandig work by all means. I am trying my luck at scratchbuilding from time to time but I never dared to work with metal. I read about the Krupp but I must have missed the railway gun - thanks a lot....:eek:
Kind Regards
Wolfgang

Users who are viewing this thread

Back