Land of Mine (2015) (1 Viewer)

Currahee Chris

Sergeant Major
Land of Mine - Wikipedia

Anyone see this? Wow! It's a Danish film and really engrossing. It tells the tale of German POWs who were made to clear the Danish beaches of landmines before they were allowed to go home- this movie shows a platoon of young adolescents and teens who were captured German POWs and placed under the care of a pretty angry Danish NCO. It is quite riveting and really sad as it takes the viewer through the NCO's anger, indifference and then ultimately pity he feels for the boys in his charge. This one is really really good.

Yes, saw it a few years back when it was first released.

Interesting to see a movie about the situation post war and what the victors did with the now, POWs before repatriation to their own country after them being the occupation forces.

Well worth a viewing,
John

Land of Mine - Wikipedia

Anyone see this? Wow! It's a Danish film and really engrossing. It tells the tale of German POWs who were made to clear the Danish beaches of landmines before they were allowed to go home- this movie shows a platoon of young adolescents and teens who were captured German POWs and placed under the care of a pretty angry Danish NCO. It is quite riveting and really sad as it takes the viewer through the NCO's anger, indifference and then ultimately pity he feels for the boys in his charge. This one is really really good.
Where can you find it? Netflix, Prime?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back