Latest Brochures 'Colonial Hong Kong' & 'Streets of Old Hong Kong' Available (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

2 latest brochures are available on K&C's website now. Enjoy!
Read Full Digital Copies: HERE

CHK-1.jpg P1.jpg

Best wishes,
King & Country Hong Kong Team

OK Andy, I forgive you for doing the Royal Hong Kong Regiment instead of the Police^&grin. I always regretted not getting the Noon day gun with Governor set whilst in HK so this one is a keeper for me.

Useless trivia on the last ADC to the Governor prior to handover in 1997. When looking for a candidate for the last ADC to work with Chris Patten it was realised it would not be a good career move for an officer intending to stay on in the Police post 1997. The Chinese Government were not exactly fans of Patten. An expat went for the interview and accepted, or so the story goes, on the condition he would accompany the Governor on Britannia when he left on night of the handover. So on the final night it was the Governor and family, Prince Charles and the ADC, who got to keep the very smart uniform, who sailed out of the harbour at midnight.

OK Andy, I forgive you for doing the Royal Hong Kong Regiment instead of the Police^&grin. I always regretted not getting the Noon day gun with Governor set whilst in HK so this one is a keeper for me.

Useless trivia on the last ADC to the Governor prior to handover in 1997. When looking for a candidate for the last ADC to work with Chris Patten it was realised it would not be a good career move for an officer intending to stay on in the Police post 1997. The Chinese Government were not exactly fans of Patten. An expat went for the interview and accepted, or so the story goes, on the condition he would accompany the Governor on Britannia when he left on night of the handover. So on the final night it was the Governor and family, Prince Charles and the ADC, who got to keep the very smart uniform, who sailed out of the harbour at midnight.

Don't worry Brett...One day I will get around to producing The Royal Hong Kong Police...But as you know I only spent a relatively short time in the Force (compared to yourself) before transferring over to Government Information Services to complete my 3 years...
I served 15 years in the Royal Hong Kong Regiment (1980-1995).
All the best,
Andy.

Don't worry Brett...One day I will get around to producing The Royal Hong Kong Police...But as you know I only spent a relatively short time in the Force (compared to yourself) before transferring over to Government Information Services to complete my 3 years...
I served 15 years in the Royal Hong Kong Regiment (1980-1995).
All the best,
Andy.

OK Andy that settles it. One fifth or is it 1 in 6 of your 1990's HK production should go to the Police ! Your bias is outrageous and I demand to know how to contact the independant K&C Ombudsman (oops sorry, Ombudsperson). However I have a strong suspicion his name might be Gordon ^&grin

Uh oh, just shot myself in foot. 1/6 of that set is RHKP{sm4}. Complaint withdrawn.

The sun never sets on the British Empire. Wait, what?

Hi Chris,
I can think of more than a few countries around the globe today whose peoples would definitely have enjoyed more of the beneficial improvements of the modern world had they still lived under the 'Union Jack'...
As someone (not me) once said,"The British might not be very good at running their own country...
But they're actually quite good at running other people's..!"
All the best and...God Save The Queen.
Andy.

The popularity of the Streets of Old Hong is as prevalent today as it was when I first started collecting. It never ceases to amaze me how many people walk into Sierra and are immediately drawn to the SOHK display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back