Le Cimier Eleanor (1 Viewer)

blaster

Captain
I have had this figure for a very long time. It was paired with a Francis I figure which I had built and painted separately.

The Eleanor figure suffers from some defects. The left hand has the arm rest protruding from within the sleeve, not under it. At that time, I had removed the arm rest but then other projects took over. This figure and its accompanying seat parts seem to be very difficult to put together satisfactorily.

Recently I rediscovered it again with the right arm and the back of the seat. All the other parts are missing. The right arm, when assembled to the figure, has the arm rest not fully resting on the main figure. In addition, the right arm appears to protrude a little too much from the body.

I decided to epoxy this figure to the base for stability. The back of the seat was also epoxied into place. This created a rigid structure upon which I can reconstruct the rest of the seat. The right shoulder was filed down and the right arm was glued into position.

Rgds Victor

P1090560.JPGP1090561.JPGP1090617.JPGP1090618.JPG

It took a couple of rounds of adjustments to epoxy all the main elements into position. At least a mm was filed away from the right shoulder. Note the poor alignment at the back of the seat. When set, the figure was polished with a rotary tool. So far, so good.

P1090626.JPGP1090627.JPGP1090631.JPGP1090632.JPG

I glued three plastic struts together and sliced off suitable lengths to form part of the chair legs. A plastic sheet is being shaped to form the seat.

P1090641.JPGP1090644.JPGP1090647.JPG

Finally got round to this piece again! after resculpting the left hand, adjusting the fit on the chair and adding a cushion to the seat, I've reached this stage.

a4.jpga10.jpg

I sprayed with a white undercoat to reveal any defects for correction.

aa.jpgaa2.jpg

The right arm with chair rest gave me a lot of fit problems. I've finally decided to fix this by severing the arm in half, attach the lower arm and chair rest to the chair, then fit the upper arm in between. I'll resculpt the drapery later.

a14.jpg

I completed the sculpting on the right hand. Then the fit of the chair on the back was still silghtly off. Having filed down the dimensions, I proceeded to mask it with a shawl, draped over the back of the chair. Other details included creating a sofa for the seat. Finally the right hand, which was originally patting a dog, was snipped off and substituted with a spare resin hand.

This figure represents Eleanor of Austria. Pictures of her show the fur on her coat sleeves was ermine which looked attractive and I will sculpt this additional detail.

az4.jpgaz5.jpgaz6.jpg

Sculpted the ermine tails on the fur and started to paint the figure with enamel undercoats.

aas.jpgaas3.jpg

I started to paint the flooring. Might as well get the awkward stuff out of the way.

a16.jpg

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your nice compliment. She is getting there, I think. I'll need to improve on the chair drapery fringe.

Rgds Victor

Almost done on this piece. I finally added Francis 1 to the scene to complete this piece.

a15.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back