Let us not forget! (1 Viewer)

ollie_drab

Private 1st Class
Let us not forget the sacrifices made by the brave Veterans, on this Veteran's Day; they are the reason we are able to enjoy freedom and collecting in the first place. I, for one am former and later. (USCG RET; 20 years).

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Hand-Salute...Ready-two!{sm0}

EVERY day should be Veteran's Day.
My dad served with the United States Marine Corps during WWII in the Pacific Theater.
Thanks for your service.

I am a retired u.s. army senior nco. 20 years service. My son is 23 and in the army now as a sergeant on his 2nd tour of duty in Afghanistan.my father was an nco during the 50`s . My grandfather on my mothers side was a g.I. during ww2. The other side of the family I had a grandfather who was in the German Wehrmacht as a MC dispatch rider during ww2. Today is definately our day !!!

Ollie and Panzer ace thank you both for your service and God bless all our men and women serving so we can play with toy soldiers.Mike B.

I served in two services. Three years in the Army 77-80 Medic. Four years n the Airforce 86-90, medical corp officer. Today is a national holiday for me, and I wish all the vets a happy veterans day, and hope all of you receive the recognition you deserve.

We, in Belgium we do not forget. Every night at the Menin Gate in Ypres, there is the Last post. Remembering the hundreds of thousands who lost their life in and around Ypres in the first WW.
For the last 80 years ( only interrupted during WWII, when it was forbidden by the Germans)this ceremony takes place EVERY NIGHT at 08.00 pm. More info on" WW1 remembrance commemorations in Belgium."
guy:smile2:

Hello Guy,

That's a thoughtful commemoration and great information; similarly, on every US military base or installation, every single day, like clockwork, we raise the flag in a 5-10 minute presentation honoring morning colors, (0800 am sharp); then at noon, when colors comes down "half-mast," to honor a fallen dignitary or big-wig; and finally evening colors, where colors are finally retired at sunset. Then lastly, "Taps," the lonely bugle,
(2200 pm). I miss those days.:wink2:

Hello Guy,

That's a thoughtful commemoration and great information; similarly, on every US military base or installation, every single day, like clockwork, we raise the flag in a 5-10 minute presentation honoring morning colors, (0800 am sharp); then at noon, when colors comes down "half-mast," to honor a fallen dignitary or big-wig; and finally evening colors, where colors are finally retired at sunset. Then lastly, "Taps," the lonely bugle,
(2200 pm). I miss those days.:wink2:

Ollie
I fulfilled my military obligations ( 18 months as a non commissioned officer) in the Belgian Royal Navy. Also overhere we have morning colors at 0800 ( we call it greeting the flag + national anthem) and evening colors at 1700 hours (lowering the flag + last post) Each time all soldiers present are gathered in the main square of the base inclusive of the highest in command present at that time on the base. Still today I miss the discipline and the camaraderie of those days long past.
guy:smile2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back