Limited Stug WS 69 (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
I know there's been a lot of discussion on this and the other board about the numbering system, etc. but none about the Stug itself. I like the color scheme and have no complaints there. However, did anybody notice that the tank commander is the one from the Jagdpanther, not WS 47? Also, if you look at the plate on the bottom of the tank it says 2003 whereas I would have thought it would have been 2005.

I share your opinion.

I think the tank is great, and the figures are better then the previous ones. The painting scheme is better too ( perfect for any Berlin diorama ).

But it's kinda disturbing that the bottom tag says 2003. It's probably because they ( K&C) used the same mould as their previous model, and they didn't change it.

About the tank commander figure, I don't think it's the one from the jagdpanther, it's just a new figure. The jagdpanther commander is holding his binoculars with one hand, while he's pointing with his other arm. He also wears headphones.

This is the sort of information that I am interested in. While I agree that the certificate numbering questions is interesting the real input I would like to know is how is the new STUG IV. I would appreciate further input because I still have not bought one and am on the cusp. My question is I own the original STUG IV and love it. Is the new STUG IV paint job different enough and better than the original to justify buying it also. I look forward to the responses.

Joey,

You're right about it not being the same figure as the Jagdpanther. My mistake there.

Old Guard,

The paint scheme is nice and the tank commander is different. I like it a little better than the old one but if you've got other areas to stick your money, that's not necessarily a bad idea. I think the attraction (and I'm stating the obvious) is that it's limited and as such it will be theoretically worth more in the future.

Personally, I think that it is a good buy and different enough from the original to warrant buying it, even at the higher cost. If I had to compare the paint scheme to anything in the current repetoire of KC I would say its a sharper version of the Wittman's Last Tiger paint job.

The commander matches almost identically with the commander from the King Tiger with his black hat and camo smock and while the tank's scheme is more closely matched with the Wittman Tiger, it blends nicely with the King Tiger, so it does go well with the Berlin theme in both commander and tank itself.

I feel like this version is more weathered than the initial version, appearing muddier on the bottom of the shurtzen.

One interesting point I found is that my gun on the new stugIV is frozen unlike the moveable gun on the first version. It doesnt detract, I actually like it more because it is frozen at a higher elevation than the gun rests in the first version.

Hope some of this helps

Bill

I agree with Jazzeum, if your K&C dollars are tight and you have the other stug, there is not that much difference between the two.
Having said that, I remember when I first started collecting 3 years ago I had a chance to buy both WS 15 tigers, summer & winter and passed because I had the newer version. I still need them .
So you get the point. I,m sure 3 years from now this new stug will command a hefty price tag.
Gary

I think it will be sooner than that. The one on ebay sold for $218.49.

I'm not in this for the money I get for it in a few years. If that was the case, I would have bought a lot of sets which I don't like.

I have the previous one, and I'm happy with it. Although the newer one looks cooler, I don't want two of the same pieces, even if it has a little different paint scheme.

It is still available for $119 at some dealers, so if you want one it is probably the time to get it before they do get too expensive to add to your collection.

Joey,my opinion is get it while you can.Even if your not in it for the money it will be worth more as a possible future trade piece.With only 500 world wide its spread pretty thin.I have yet to receive mine(waiting to pick it up) but its nice to know that its doubled in value on ebay.Look what the new 88 has done and it was limited to 1000 pieces. :eek:
You will also regret it in the end and pay double later if you try and go back for it in a couple of years.Even though the older sets are not as well done(compared to the latest releases), I like Gary, still search for the two Tigers(WS15,WS15W) and kick myself for not getting them when I had the chance.Don't get me started on the Arnhem sets I let slip by... :(
Believe me, I know budgets and money are limiting factors and thats the problem with this K&C addiction as you will find out very soon....Ya got's to have it all!!!!!!!!!!!!I think I might need a sponsor for this problem.Isn't that what you have in AA????

Thanks for all the input from everybody. I think I am going to go ahead and get one while they are still avalible. The new figure and paint job sounds pretty cool.

Old Guard

The "Hobby Bunker" says they still have 10 in stock as of 7-31.
Gary

Received mine today.Both have certificates #101 and #414.Yes Gary they will remain in the box until I get my new home to display them in.Very shortly..

Hi Guiys
We have checked our considerable inventory of WS69 and can confirm we do not have number 503! :(
Was exciting checking them though! :D
Cheers
Bob

Regarding numbers : 145 is a good one to get as that is number on the model. One of the ones we got was No 69 which is the product code of the Stug. The certs appear to be sent out randomly. Whilst on numbers a personal thought on the Ltd Ed Napoleonics; would be nice (but perhaps too difficult) if sets sent to dealers were matching numbers so could be sold as complete matching set. I am guessing most who bought these bought all four.
I wonder if Andy keeps a particular number for himself and if so would he let us know which one (s). No 1 or perhaps another number with particular significance.

I bought all four of the Napoleonics, which all had different numbers. One was #10 which I was quite pleased with.
Njja

Users who are viewing this thread

Back