"Logging Out" issues (1 Viewer)

Peter Reuss

2nd Lieutenant
Someone is reporting that when they click 'log out' on the forum, they are not actually logged out. I cannot replicate the issue...is anyone else having it?

Hi, Padre, me neither, I chose Log out, then accessed the site again and was required to log in.

I did notice that when logout completed, a message printed to indicate that cookies had been deleted. Maybe the user needs to check his browser settings and see how he's got them configured to handle cookies.

Prost!
Brad

Rev. Pete,

I have had this issue. Hours after I had logged out I was still listed as a current "online member." This happened 2-3X over the past few days. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Marc

no trouble logging out but, I have noticed my name appears for a short while after I have logged out. I am logged out but, the name is still saying I am logged in.
Mitch

We should probably ask what device and browser everyone is using, who reports the issue. That may be relevant.

I'm on a Dell laptop, Win7, running Firefox 19.0.2. Are the users who report the problem using a desktop or laptop, or are they using a mobile device?

Prost!
Brad

Here is what I suspect is happening.

The 'Currently Active Users' section at the bottom of the main page shows people who have had activity in the last x minutes (not exactly sure what the setting is). So even after someone logs off, they had activity in the past time period and thus show up on the list.

Actually logging out will change the top of the screen to prompt you to input your username and password.

So if the issue is that your name exists at the bottom, this is why it's happening.

If it's not actually logging you out (and giving you the use/password option to log back in) that's a whole different deal.

Good point, Padre! I wasn't even thinking about the "latest activity" stats.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back