London show in trouble ? (2 Viewers)

I am assuming that with the disappearance of King and Country and how they, with WBritains took up the bulk of tables in the main hall then the London show is well and truly screwed ?

I am sure you will hear comment from the show organises, but do not count out the London Toy Soldier Show. There appears to be a lot of panic and negative comment about the state of the Toy Soldier market here in the UK, particularly after K&C UK left the market. Who is to say at present,that there will not be someone to take over the marketing of K&C products here in the UK and they will of course be attending the London Shows.

W.B. did not actually take many tables themselves at the show, most are used by their main UK retailer. Many other retailers who attended are wanting more tables downstairs, but could not expand so any vacancies that do become available will be filled.

I am sure you will here comment from the show organises, but do not count out the London Toy Soldier Show. There appears to be a lot of panic and negative comment about the state of the Toy Soldier market here in the UK, particularly after K&C UK left the market. Who is to say at present,that there will not be someone to take over the marketing of K&C products here in the UK and they will of course be attending the London Shows.

W.B. did not actually take many tables themselves at the show, most are used by their main UK retailer. Many other retailers who attended are wanting more tables downstairs, but could not expand so any vacancies that do become available will be filled.

Excellent post. Let's see what happens :wink2:

Rob

Excellent post. Let's see what happens :wink2:

Rob

I agree, the show is much more than K & C, as for W Britains, it is MKL which have the 'sales' Britains stand, with the W Britains stand being mainly for information. The show is worth a visit as there are many others, Grey Goose have some excellent figures and the mixed First Legion, Empire and T Gunn stand is worth a look, as the stock is outstanding. The show is an excellent place to see the vast amount of different figures and vehicle available and with there being fewer physical outlets to see sets 'in the flesh'.

Thanks Sammy , very kind mate. Well whilst picking up the odd RAF/Arnhem/ Commando set here and there Ive decided to venture into WW1 a bit more with purchases ftom several different suppliers. Maybe once ive got enough I'll think about creating a dio maybe. Coming back and seeing everyone's fine work is inspiring! Hope all is good with you Sammy.

Best
Rob

For my self is the London show more than toysoldiers.
it is also the place to meet with fellow collectors.
it is also the place where I can always knit again my collection.
and there is always back to find something.
I am sure I will be there at the Decembershow , and I hope many more.:salute::
Richard ,.

Looking forward to seeing you there with your crew Richard, I'm sure they'll be a few of us :salute::

Cheers

Rob

I am assuming that with the disappearance of King and Country and how they, with WBritains took up the bulk of tables in the main hall then the London show is well and truly screwed ?

Andy and K&C will be at the show in London in December as usual.

Rob

The Nevilles are no longer representing K&C in the UK?:redface2: I am sorry to hear that. Does anyone know what happened? Did Mike and Sue decide to retire? Whatever happened, please tell Mike, Sue, Tony, Bob and Dispatch Dave that they will be sorely missed.

The Nevilles are no longer representing K&C in the UK?:redface2: I am sorry to hear that. Does anyone know what happened? Did Mike and Sue decide to retire? Whatever happened, please tell Mike, Sue, Tony, Bob and Dispatch Dave that they will be sorely missed.

I will do Louis

Best

Rob

Louis,

Please see these threads:

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?58656-King-amp-Country-U-K

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?58640-King-amp-Country-UK-website

Basically, K & C UK were losing money and they had to close the company to stop the bleeding. Very sad for them.

Brad

Louis,

Please see these threads:

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?58656-King-amp-Country-U-K

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/showthread.php?58640-King-amp-Country-UK-website

Basically, K & C UK were losing money and they had to close the company to stop the bleeding. Very sad for them.

Brad

Thanks Brad, I read both threads. I am very, very sad to see the Nevilles close up shop. I hope Mike's health improves. The Nevilles have always been wonderful friends, and they have played a big role in my enjoyment of the hobby. I left a post at the end of the first of the above threads, summing up my personal experiences with Mike, Sue, Tony, Bob and the rest of the Neville and K&C, UK families. I hope we can remain in touch with them, and extend a permanent invitation to entertain them if any of them visit New York.

For my self is the London show more than toysoldiers.
it is also the place to meet with fellow collectors.
it is also the place where I can always knit again my collection.
and there is always back to find something.
I am sure I will be there at the Decembershow , and I hope many more.:salute::
Richard ,.

The london show is going from strength to strength…. King & Country Hong Kong are attending and Andy Neilson from K & C will at our show….

Users who are viewing this thread

Back