London Show March 26th 2022 - Who's going? Who's Exhibiting? (2 Viewers)

Hi Jeff,
I make John´s words mine...made my Monday after work evening very pleasant seeing the great pics you took.
It is very nice of you to share them, especially for those that are no far from the action, and only get to know of the goodies over these photo events and they start chacing them on the web...
Thanks,
A_C

Jeff,

you have made my Monday morning, looking at all the wonderful pictures that you have posted of the show on Saturday.

Iit sure looks like a great range of items out there for sale on the day and good to hear that you had a successful show too.

Hope to catch up next time in London, but not sure when that will be, but it sure in on my plans :)

Well done, yet again,
John

Hi All,
Love to see Mike´sets and try to spot something new or something different.....

I really like these Sudan and Afghan sets that Mike puts out...And I have a few, not many as they are pretty expensive...allowances do not have such deep pockets ...so I cannot afford hordes, but little groups attacking the British square..
What I have noticed is that he added some new sets to the fair that are not in his on line catalogue....being these Sudan British infantry firing from behind a Zariba and marching with fixed bayonets where the pith helmets have the traditional cloth cover for the neck...something I have rarely seen in other sets/competitors....

The only remarks I have on the series and have already mentioned that to Mike, but guess are not priorities as we speak:
(1) Historical innacuracy...he tends to stick to the British infantry firing a Martini Henry - which is fine for the first Sundan War, Zulu campaign, but innacurate for the Second Sudan War especially given that he offers the Maxim Machine gun on the early tripods to beef up the fire power....If he were to stick to the Gatling would be just fine..or even upgrade the rifles to Lee Metfords model 1888....at least! Same rationale applies to later Afeghan wars fought after 1888....
(2) There is a great selectoin of Nubians, Fuzzy Wizzy etc but a very limited selection of Afeghan warriors so I have a hard time trying to set a campaign diorama with Afeghans as they are so few different poses and I hate to go Airfix style...posing several sets that look the same.....especially at the heavy quid they go for...

But then these are my humble observations...Not to leave out the statement that I am a great fan of his, especially the Zulu Series...and thanks to the heavens I was not bit by the Naps feaver ...I would going Chapter 11 ..very fast!!
Cheers
A_C

attachment.php

This guy as usual has done a great job videoing, almost feels like you are at the show. Really appreciate it when there is no chance of ever getting there. Thanks for finding these 2. Robin.

I found these two videos of the London show on Youtube,
Enjoy!
Benjamin

I've just checked and found that BigJohn007 has now got a 3rd video of the show, well worth a look, just like being there :) :)

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back