London Toy Soldier Show December 2017 Pictures (3 Viewers)

Great pictures Andy, many thanks and hope you managed to find a goodie or two to add to your collection.

B.

Thank you Gazza, Harrie and UK Bod for all the fantastic photos! 😎😎Really wish I could have been there to join you gentlemen!!🙂

Thanks for all the photos! It is appreciated!

yes that Tiger on the TGM stand is mine. Very old New Model Army one (circa 2004?) which Blake made before his TGM days. Lovely model. Now we have one we can remake the mould and maybe do some more if there is interest!

Cheers,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

That Tiger is my favorite, I have one of the Grey ones from that NMA series absolutely love it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

yeah got the NMA Grey Tiger. its below on the right. compares very nicely with the K&C one. Would be interesting to see it alongside the Figarti grey Tiger!

Cheers,

Stefan
thumbnail3.jpgthumbnail2.jpg

Apologies to drag out a picture from the first few posts in this thread, but could anyone tell me what manufacturer these are?

attachment.php

Apologies to drag out a picture from the first few posts in this thread, but could anyone tell me what manufacturer these are?

attachment.php

These are the new Tel-el-Kebir figures from WBritain's War Along the Nile range.

Jeff

Thanks for the great photos, Gazza,Harrie and UK Bod. I enjoyed your pics and for taking photos. I also like seeing the tables of various figures and the visitors. John:)

This is a letter sent by a friend of mine to the organisers of the December Show
Dear Sir,

I have been attending the Toy Soldier Show three times a year for many years. I attended the new venue in Chalk Farm yesterday.

I was extremely disappointed not to say saddened. I was very dissatisfied in the venue which, whilst the show had been listed for months, had the distinct air of having been thrown together at the last minute. It resembled a local town “Swap Meet”. There was scant evidence of the professionalism usually found in the past. It seemed utterly chaotic and was uncomfortably cramped. There was little room for punters to move along the tables and look. If you stopped, someone invariably asked you to move – there was minimal room in the aisles and this created blockages as those who wished to progress down the aisle and those who wanted to examine the goods on the table were forced to squeeze along past each other all the time fearful of dislodging displayed figures. I have been a regular visitor for years and whilst there have been busy times in the past, it has never been as confused and messy as it was yesterday. At every turn one was in danger of knocking a table display onto the floor, such was the lack of space.
I gather that one of the halls had been withdrawn – probably to make way for a regular Saturday class for little ones, which frankly should have been cancelled. Was there double booking? Who decided to run two very different events on the same morning and expect it all to work out? Yummy mummies were pushing buggies and dragging crying toddlers in tow as they became fractious at not being able to get through the show to their allotted hall – down the same aisles as punters were trying to see the goods on offer. Bloody stupid and no proper organisation. I heard many comments from dealers and punters none of whom was happy or content with this arrangement and venue. I didn’t hear one complimentary remark. Want a cup of coffee? There was a small shuttered alcove and none of it looked inviting. And if you wanted to sit down for a moment – forget it.

Judging by yesterday’s fiasco I seriously wonder if your company wish to continue with this show. There were no badges – just paper wrist strips and no floor plan was produced or available, so where do you find a particular dealer? It all had the air of “throw it on and see what happens”.
Not good enough. All this leads me to have a feeling the organisers are going to dump these shows.

The setting was so unfriendly that I couldn’t be bothered to pause long at stalls, losing complete interest in anything that might have been worth a look. My brother and friend Frank were equally unhappy. Frank having driven down from Oxford was so fed up, he looked around one section and left. He had had enough declaring that if this was a glimpse of future shows – he would not bother. I felt the same. How many other regulars I wonder came away with a similar opinion.

If your company intend to continue with these shows then you will have to do a great deal better. There is big room for improvement. It did not compare to those shows held in previous years at other venues. Your standards have fallen woefully.

You can do better – I have experienced it. I hope you will strive to return to the efficiency of earlier shows.

Angusprune....I take what you post about the London shows with a grain of salt, you show up on this forum once in a blue moon to trash any and all London shows, be it you or your mate, so I'll pass on your review, from what otheres have posted the new venue needs work and better planning, so going forward I'm sure the promoters will do thier best.

the show did not go as planned, but I was satisfied and I think if everything goes as it should go it is a good location where this event takes place
I also hope that in December 2018 I will be able to visit the show again with great pleasure
Richard .
P.S wish all treefroggers a great 2018 collection year:salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back