London Toy Soldier Show Saturday 4th December 2021 (2 Viewers)

tomfoxon

Private
We can confirm the London Toy Soldier Show will be held this Saturday 4th December 2021. We welcome everyone to attend and have made sure we are adhering to the latest Government advice. Full detailschttp://www.toysoldiershow.co.uk

[FONT=&quot]We will do everything possible to ensue the safety of all our traders and visitors with hand sanitiser points and areas kept clean at all times, masks is now an optional choice and in line with government guidance. Please respect all visitors and maintain a comfortable distance. We ask people not to attend if they are feeling unwell or have COVID 19 symtoms we do not require any documentation to the show to prove COVID vaccination.

Any questions please do e-mail Tom Foxon tom@guidelinepublications.co.uk[/FONT]
Ltss-dec21.jpg

Unfortunately the lack of any non UK exhibitors, whether by Brexit or Covid restrictions, seriously undermines the quality of the show.

That international variety is essential for the interest & vitality of the show.

Such a shame.

Hey,

did anyone go to the show yesterday ???

In other years I have been able to enjoy the photos and comments while having my Sunday breakfast :(

Hope to hear back soon ???

PLEASE !!!!!!

John

Usually when I go to the London Show I take plenty of photos, but yesterday I was there for the first time as an exhibitor - La Sarouche Diorama Bases! I took with me a selection of the smaller ready-made Diorama Bases to display and some printed posters of the larger ones to give an idea of what can be achieved.

I was pleasantly surprised as to how busy I was as I had more than a fair bit of interest in future commission projects and a lot of very positive comments on what I had displayed on my table. I thank everyone who stopped by and had a chat.

Hence, I was only able get away twice (to go for a whizz) and sorry to say this is the first time in years that I wasn’t able to take any photos! – And I didn’t even get to look round the show either. :(

But the video guy was there doing his stuff and I’m sure it won’t be long the videos are on YouTube. {sm3}

Also it was great to catch up with Martyn after a couple of years and chew the fat so to speak! :rolleyes2:^&grin

Jeff

Good to catch up with you Jeff, as we discussed it was a shame Bob (UKReb) didn't get there. Your bases were very impressive, looks like you have hit on a winner:salute::

King and Country were missed along with many foreign dealers and collectors

Cheers

Martyn
:)

Hey,

did anyone go to the show yesterday ???

In other years I have been able to enjoy the photos and comments while having my Sunday breakfast :(

Hope to hear back soon ???

PLEASE !!!!!!

John

I'm glad for the UK collectors they were able to hold the show yesterday; sort of sad in that in years gone by, Saturday night and today there would be loads of wonderful pictures to look through showcasing all the unique items the show has had to offer, specifically all the wonderful vintage UK plastics from Airfix, Timpo and W. Britain and then the icing on the cake was the group picture of the gang at the pub relaxing afterward with some adult beverages.

I had always hoped to one day get to the show to meet up with the European collectors and partake in those wonderful plastics..............................:(................maybe someday.

Good to catch up with you Jeff, as we discussed it was a shame Bob (UKReb) didn't get there. Your bases were very impressive, looks like you have hit on a winner:salute::

King and Country were missed along with many foreign dealers and collectors

Cheers

Martyn
:)

I agree, along with IC Toys, missed Samex from Italy, cannot remember a show when i did not buy K & C from him.

Few there selling K & C, Rob was there, nice guy and had a great range at very reasonable prices. The others were asking 'Harrods' prices. Interestingly a few had the WB 88mm gun, one dealer did give a discount offer as he had got 4 and none had sold yet?

The bases were very impressive, but i tend not to use based, as on my shelves [except the bottom one] if you put a base on it the shelves below get no light. The person making them has a talent and they were impressive, i would like to see him make smaller bits and bobs, sort of a few inches square, he should check the stuff Buildarama made and do something like that. At £15 to £25 prices, think they would sell, T M Terrain always bring a few bits and bobs at that price and i have bought a number of them. Could be a good 'tick over' range with small sales in terms of income, but cheaper/easier to make and transport, but would increase sales volume and get the brand name out there. JG Minitures are the same, smaller diorama pieces which compliment our collections, as well as his bigger stuff.

I agree, along with IC Toys, missed Samex from Italy, cannot remember a show when i did not buy K & C from him.

Few there selling K & C, Rob was there, nice guy and had a great range at very reasonable prices. The others were asking 'Harrods' prices. Interestingly a few had the WB 88mm gun, one dealer did give a discount offer as he had got 4 and none had sold yet?

The bases were very impressive, but i tend not to use based, as on my shelves [except the bottom one] if you put a base on it the shelves below get no light. The person making them has a talent and they were impressive, i would like to see him make smaller bits and bobs, sort of a few inches square, he should check the stuff Buildarama made and do something like that. At £15 to £25 prices, think they would sell, T M Terrain always bring a few bits and bobs at that price and i have bought a number of them. Could be a good 'tick over' range with small sales in terms of income, but cheaper/easier to make and transport, but would increase sales volume and get the brand name out there. JG Minitures are the same, smaller diorama pieces which compliment our collections, as well as his bigger stuff.

Was the Rob you mentioned Rob who used to post here?

I was at the London show which I was looking forward to very much - unfortunately is was all rather anodyne, with a number of manufacturers, dealers and exhibitors missing - no K&C, no Europeans - Thomas Gunn was far and the way the most impressive and committed, with their usual excellent array and variety which were all fairly priced.

Very disappointing were the prices some dealers choose to charge - they are basically taking the manufacturer’s USD price and converting it to GBP - a 40% mark up which seems completely unjustifiable. Disheartening in the extreme for the future of the hobby here in the U.K.

I was told by the organisers that Saimex from Italy and K&C from HK didnt come because they would have to quarantine when they return to their countries. covid strikes again...

I was told by the organisers that Saimex from Italy and K&C from HK didnt come because they would have to quarantine when they return to their countries. covid strikes again...

That was definitely the reason Stefano (Saimex) didn't go, he told me he hopes to make the March Show {bravo}}

Stay safe

Martyn:)

Usually when I go to the London Show I take plenty of photos, but yesterday I was there for the first time as an exhibitor - La Sarouche Diorama Bases! I took with me a selection of the smaller ready-made Diorama Bases to display and some printed posters of the larger ones to give an idea of what can be achieved.

I was pleasantly surprised as to how busy I was as I had more than a fair bit of interest in future commission projects and a lot of very positive comments on what I had displayed on my table. I thank everyone who stopped by and had a chat.

Hence, I was only able get away twice (to go for a whizz) and sorry to say this is the first time in years that I wasn’t able to take any photos! – And I didn’t even get to look round the show either. :(

But the video guy was there doing his stuff and I’m sure it won’t be long the videos are on YouTube. {sm3}

Also it was great to catch up with Martyn after a couple of years and chew the fat so to speak! :rolleyes2:^&grin

Jeff

There are three videos by BigJon007 on youtube, I can't get them to show here for some reason. Anybody a bit more savvy?

Jeff

There are three videos by BigJon007 on youtube, I can't get them to show here for some reason. Anybody a bit more savvy?

Jeff

Hi, Jeff!

In YouTube, I searched for "bigjon007" (the search isn't case-sensitive). When the search completed, I right-clicked on the titles in the search results, and then selected "Copy link". Here they are...

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EzfGcN4IFk

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NGLh3QEd6k

Part 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r18OaYh9xKE

Prost!
Brad

Hi, Jeff!

In YouTube, I searched for "bigjon007" (the search isn't case-sensitive). When the search completed, I right-clicked on the titles in the search results, and then selected "Copy link". Here they are...

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for posting these Brad..........................some great stuff on display there, looks like they had a nice crowd too.............love the plastics from Timpo, Britain, etc, etc, plus the boxed sets and the Airfix original boxed sets......................that's the stuff I love to see, the UK is the mecca for plastics, all of those companies from the 1960's/1970's that produced the boxed plastics....................great stuff.

Jeff

Jeff,

thanks for letting us know, now I have something to watch on the big TV later today :)

John

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads-up! They're terrific. I watched them all and thoroughly enjoyed them.

BTW, anyone watching them on YouTube directly should "like" them please.

Carlos

Jeff,

Thanks for the heads-up! They're terrific. I watched them all and thoroughly enjoyed them.

BTW, anyone watching them on YouTube directly should "like" them please.

Carlos

I've just viewed the 3 videos and thoroughly enjoyed the experience of walking around the tables and seeing all those 'little lead men' out there for sale.

It sure isn't the same a being there, but for people like me on the other side of the world, it really shows what is out there and get a glimpse of the venue because I have attended a few show when I have visited London in past 20 years and it is always a highlight in that city for me. I am always amazed by the variety and the amount of good that the sellers manage to bring along, unpack and display, so really hope they all managed to make enough sales to cover their costs and enjoyed the conversation in the rooms.

My sincerer thanks go out to BigJon007 for his continuing effort in publishing this for us all to see,

John

Thanks for sharing these videos. Almost as good as being there in person ... almost!

Brendan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back