Long Live The KING !!!!! (1 Viewer)

Obee

Captain
In Copenhagen this afternoon, 14[SUP]th[/SUP] January, a new King of Denmark will be crowned.

Following the announcement last month Queen Margrethe will abdicate and her son, Crown Prince Frederik will be crowned as King Frederick X and his wife Mary will become Queen of Denmark.

There is a lot of interest in this particular coronation here in Australia because Mary was Australian born and met Frederick at the 200 Olympic Games in Sydney, subsequently married in 2004 and now have 4 children.

Danish Royals.jpg
Prince Joachim & his wife( rear left)
Queen Margrethe (seated)
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary (left)

As a tribute to the new King and Queen I have set up a parade of my Danish soldiers to honour this occasion.
fredXas.jpg

fredXbs.jpg

fredXcs.jpg

Here you see the mounted Garder Hussars leading the Royal Guards with standing Garder Hussars as street liners.
The figures are mostly by Tradition of London, a Ducal drum horse and 3 Britains marching Guards, all castings, that I painted with gloss paint about 20 years ago after seeing Frederik and Mary’s wedding parade on TV.

Long Live The King and Queen Mary.

Great diorama John and nice work, as always, on the figures! Thanks for sharing it.

Brendan

Here are screen shots parade last night for the ascension to the throne of Denmark of King Frederick X from Aussie TV.

Looks like little parade was true to life when you notice the uniforms :)

cor1.jpg

cor3.jpg

cor2.jpg

Note the comments from the local TV stations !!!

John

Fantastic painting as ususal. Love the decoration pieces and the way you presented everything.
Suprised to understand that the Danish Court must have informed you right on time about the occasion.
Great idea and very well done.
rgds
Wolfgang

Suprised to understand that the Danish Court must have informed you right on time about the occasion.
rgds
Wolfgang

No, I didn't get advice from Copenhagen, but seeing that Queen Mary was Australian, it has been all over our TV, and newspapers about 'Our' Queen Mary.

I think if Australia had a vote on what monarch we could choose for our country, we'd have Fred and Mary, and throw out Charles and Camilla !!!!

Many people don't realise that our 'Head of State' still is the British Monarch even though we have been our own country since 1900?

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back