Looking for info on Museum collection (1 Viewer)

Tsiegler

Private
Would like to start collecting some of the Museum collection but first I would like to know when they started this series and a list of all toy soldiers in this series . Thanks so much for any help . Tom

Would like to start collecting some of the Museum collection but first I would like to know when they started this series and a list of all toy soldiers in this series . Thanks so much for any help . Tom

You can see all of the figures in the Museum collection on the W. Britain homepage, including anything that has been retired. If something has been retired it is often replaced with an improved version... We have done that with Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton and Lafayette to date.
At one time this heading also included the U.S. Marines, however I could see that we needed to have a separate range for Marines of the World so I created Jack Tars & Leathernecks and those are now separate. The Museum range is growing but is relatively new so most of the figures can still be purchased from any of our retailers.
There are a fair number of diverse subjects that will be added that are well into development at this time too. Many of the subjects overlap with current collections such as WWI or American Civil War, but we see that many subjects have interest beyond the core collectors market so they become part of the Museum Collection rather than being lost in a large range.

I hope this helps,
Ken

You can see all of the figures in the Museum collection on the W. Britain homepage, including anything that has been retired. If something has been retired it is often replaced with an improved version... We have done that with Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Hamilton and Lafayette to date.
At one time this heading also included the U.S. Marines, however I could see that we needed to have a separate range for Marines of the World so I created Jack Tars & Leathernecks and those are now separate. The Museum range is growing but is relatively new so most of the figures can still be purchased from any of our retailers.
There are a fair number of diverse subjects that will be added that are well into development at this time too. Many of the subjects overlap with current collections such as WWI or American Civil War, but we see that many subjects have interest beyond the core collectors market so they become part of the Museum Collection rather than being lost in a large range.

I hope this helps,
Ken

Hello Ken,

Any plans on making anymore President figures? Would love to see a line of the US Presidents made.

Several more, including some First Ladies are in the works.
Ken

Sounds great! I don't think there have been many presidents produced by other manufacturers and I think it is sorely missing in many collections!

Thanks for the info Ken . Would also love more Presidents also . Thanks again !

Tom

Sounds great! I don't think there have been many presidents produced by other manufacturers and I think it is sorely missing in many collections!

The one maker who comes to my mind is Marx, who produced a collection of all of the Presidents up through Ford, I believe. The series was issued earlier than his administration, and there was even a display stand for them. I recall that they were issued painted and also in white plastic.

Beyond that, I can only think of individual figures by various makers and at various times, Washington and Lincoln, for example, or FDR, Kennedy, some more in classic toy soldier style, others more towards the connoisseur style.

It would be great to see Britains tackle a collection of all US Presidents!

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back