M2 half-track (2 Viewers)

Great work... truly some great vision and craftsmanship.

My only question would be why cut up a piece that probably started off north of $100 to begin with when a model from Dragon or Tamiya would have been significantly cheaper to start with as a base for this custom job? Not trying to nitpick, just to understand the rationale.

Thanks!

They are 1/35 scale. Like to scratch-build in 1/30 scale to match with other 1/30 scale collections I have; and to do that, you have to use a 1/30 scale model as a base Dragon has The M2 and M2A1 plastic model in 1/35 scale and can be built straight from the box (which I bought for reference and used some of its parts) but too small to match with 1/30 scale collection..the greater challenge is working with a different media...resin, metal, plastic, wood and sans the instruction sheet and working from photos. The cost of the model is immaterial to me. I've spent for $600 in die cast models by First Gear and other materials to scratch-build the M15 Tank Transporter (K&C made the M21 Tractor but without the trailer) You can check it under the thread "Dragon Wagon." Its one-of-a-kind in 1/30 scale.

Last edited:
Thanks troops for all the positive comments. Truly appreciate it. Encourages me to do more.
I was pondering on Steve's (Aidman) suggestion for a British M5 version... it should be an easy conversion. However, I started gathering materials for this project:

Attachments

• Image409.jpg
    Image409.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 485

Users who are viewing this thread

Back