Manes Marzano - Retreat from Russia (1 Viewer)

I can see why this series is popular; they are the most interesting and realistic looking figures in their Napoleonic line to date. I still have no sense of their relative scale. It would be nice to see a standing figure next to a K&C one for size comparison.

http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/images/ruler/MMsp2ruler.jpg
MMsp2ruler.jpg

Here's a pic of the second set in the series in front of a ruler for scale.

I agree! They are wet, cold and have had enough, and like you said, it shows! Very cool!

Yo Trooper, usually don't like 54mm anymore or Dio's, but very impressed with this, you can almost feel the dejection and weariness just looking at this. Great photos as well. How do you keep the snow from melting in Californian:rolleyes: lol.
Bernard.

These are some of the best looking realistic figures I have ever seen.Any Nap collector would be crazy if they didn't get these sets.
Mark

These are some of the best looking realistic figures I have ever seen.Any Nap collector would be crazy if they didn't get these sets.
Mark
Well they look great but they do not fit my areas of interest for the wars, which do not include the Russian campaign. So for now I guess I will just have to be crazy but I do know what you mean.;)

Mark,

I really like these figures too AND that campaign when Napoleon tried to conquor the vastness of Mother Russia.

I saw these figures when the first release was done a few years back, and its great to see the additions being made.

I've got a couple of sets from this camapaign, but from Tradion of London who make 3 groups. They are
the Retreat,
retreat.jpg

The Rearguard (with Marshal Ney)
rearguard.jpg

both of which I've painted the castings, and The Burning of the Eagles, which are awaiting my 'lick of paint' in the near future.

I've also painted an Andrea figure for another collector
1812.jpg

I'd love to see other makers doing more figures from this particular campaign because 'Le Grande Armee' was a real multi-national force.

John

Tradition have also released the Burning of the Eagles and the Cossacks in this series.

Yep,

Burning of the Eagles are awaiting my 'lick of paint', castings are here :) :)

maybe I'll have to get the Cosssacks next time in London ???????

John

I'd been interested in these two sets for a long time, but kept putting it off or they were not in stock.
Now I have the two sets.

Fernando did a great job in depicting the retreat.

Donnie

DSCN4733Resized.jpg

I'd been interested in these two sets for a long time, but kept putting it off or they were not in stock.
Now I have the two sets.

Fernando did a great job in depicting the retreat.

Donnie

View attachment 103196

Hi Donnie,
Congratulations on adding these fine sets to your collection {bravo}} I agree 100% with you Fernando nailed em no doubt , looking at these figures really portrays the horrible conditions of that retreat . Great stuff thanks for sharing Gebhard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back