Marines in Camouflage Utilities (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi Guys,

Some of you might have noticed a few of our Marines wearing “Camouflage Utilities” in “The Cost of Victory” diorama.

While doing photo research on these I saw that some Marines wore a full set (pants and coat) while others appeared in ‘mixed rig’ (half ‘n’ half).

So, here’s a selection of what we’re working on at present. We may change or alter a couple here and there… But our plan is to release 3 sets of 3 assorted Marines as a "Special Edition" in action wearing various combinations as seen here.

Semper Fi!
Andy

USMC_2.jpg

SemperRandyfi will be pleased as he's been campaigning for cammo from day one !
They certainly do look good. :salute::
Great bit of detail in the dio with the kettle. Did the Marines interrupt the Japs tea ceremony !^&grin

Steve

Gees, wondering when this would happen. Great idea, it will save me from getting them repainted.

Thanks

Carlos

So, here’s a selection of what we’re working on at present. We may change or alter a couple here and there… But our plan is to release 3 sets of 3 assorted Marines as a "Special Edition" in action wearing various combinations as seen here.
Hi Andy - really cool!

Will these all be existing molds from previous figures or any new figures we haven't seen?

What a GREAT addition to an already fantastic line.
Really like the mix-and-match possibilities.

Now you can have the same pose, side-by-side, with no issues.

As Steve mentioned, a very interesting little diorama you guys built there ... good reference material.

--- LaRRy

Hi Andy - really cool!

Will these all be existing molds from previous figures or any new figures we haven't seen?

Hi there!
We are using our original sculpts as seen here...with various variations as shown...
Glad you like 'em!
Semper Fi.
Andy.

Looks Fantastic! Well done Andy.
I'm definitely going to make a new Pacific Diorama! but what?????

Harrie

Hi Guys,

Some of you might have noticed a few of our Marines wearing “Camouflage Utilities” in “The Cost of Victory” diorama.

While doing photo research on these I saw that some Marines wore a full set (pants and coat) while others appeared in ‘mixed rig’ (half ‘n’ half).

Semper Fi!
Andy

View attachment 229309

Andy,And check out how many Gyrenes had NO cammo cover on their helmets(None on the'Canal except for Raiders& Paras)throughout the PTO campaign.
Some would let the rear section of helmet cover hang behind their neck(in real 'toasty'-'buggy' climes).
Andy,U.S.37mm A-T gun ..5 man crew..Jeep towed(or pushed when/if possible..and not too far)...used throughout the PTO.(Canister rounds issued in'44).
And ,a 1911 or M1 Carbine armed Hospital Corpsman..2 aide bags..NO RED CROSSES!!..Tarawa .maybe a very few with white dots on back of helmet,back
of right shoulder,right buttock.Shorebound med-evacs adorned such for a while longer.(It was best when a platoon assigned Corpsman remained as
inconspicuous as possible.)
Oh,in cooler AOs,some Marines would wear their 'covers' under their helmets.

Take care,
Randy

P.S."Hacksaw Ridge"why ,oh why did the U.S.Army put a non-combative C.O. (Desmond Doss) Medic in the PTO??Not to denigrate his heroics,the Japs
would kill any/all in uniform.The Nazis'respected Red Cross adorned Medics.

Andy,And check out how many Gyrenes had NO cammo cover on their helmets(None on the'Canal except for Raiders& Paras)throughout the PTO campaign.
Some would let the rear section of helmet cover hang behind their neck(in real 'toasty'-'buggy' climes).
Andy,U.S.37mm A-T gun ..5 man crew..Jeep towed(or pushed when/if possible..and not too far)...used throughout the PTO.(Canister rounds issued in'44).
And ,a 1911 or M1 Carbine armed Hospital Corpsman..2 aide bags..NO RED CROSSES!!..Tarawa .maybe a very few with white dots on back of helmet,back
of right shoulder,right buttock.Shorebound med-evacs adorned such for a while longer.(It was best when a platoon assigned Corpsman remained as
inconspicuous as possible.)
Oh,in cooler AOs,some Marines would wear their 'covers' under their helmets.

Take care,
Randy

P.S."Hacksaw Ridge"why ,oh why did the U.S.Army put a non-combative C.O. (Desmond Doss) Medic in the PTO??Not to denigrate his heroics,the Japs
would kill any/all in uniform.The Nazis'respected Red Cross adorned Medics.

Andy,I'm on a roll here.....
Most M1 Garand jarheads @ fixed bayonet(Japs loved hand-to hand..unlike the Nazis)...So ..bayonets/scabbards,K-Bars,E-Tools,Musette bags.
Need rifle grenadiers,satchel charge'vols',Bangalore Torpedo toting Engineer'vols',1919 .30 MG s,60(not 81)mm Mortars..60s& 1919s were
Company Weapons Platoon immediate support.Need more M1 Carbine people(loved weight difference&15 round mag ..stopping power??)..No bayonet until Okinawa.Carbine could also fire grenades.

PTO ..waaaay nastier (for us) than our foray into the ETO.Except for fanatical SS & some FJ units..most Nazi's surrendered when combat reached futility.
Not those frisky Japs until very late in the war. Reps from Wm.Britains responded to my query as to the lack of ANY metal Japs..'The PTO was too brutal"

I take my leave .........really this time.

Andy , you never cease to deliver. These look awesome. I've only been a ETO collector ,U.S. and German ,but you're going to force me to dip into the Pacific. Bread and water only for the next month so I can save up !!!!

Andy , you never cease to deliver. These look awesome. I've only been a ETO collector ,U.S. and German ,but you're going to force me to dip into the Pacific. Bread and water only for the next month so I can save up !!!!

G'day Mr. 'H'...
Hold off on the 'bread and water' just for the moment...These particular Marines won't be available for a couple of months yet!

However don't let that stop you from picking up one or two (or three) of of our original 'fighting leathernecks'...I don't think you'll regret taking that first little plunge into 'The Pacific'...

All the best and..."Lock and load!"
Andy.

I have King and Country's 1st and 2nd generation Marines so I have passed on their third release so far. These Marines in Camouflage Utilities have peaked my interest though. I hope the helmet covers match the camouflage that they are wearing. While the camouflage blouse and trouser were reversible I have not seen a Marine wearing green side out utilities and brown side out helmet cover or vise a versa. Anyway look forward to the finished product.

S/F
Keith

P.S.

Andy, "It's only Pain (Ale)". Royal Marne Commando Endurance Couse 2003. Cheers!

I have King and Country's 1st and 2nd generation Marines so I have passed on their third release so far. These Marines in Camouflage Utilities have peaked my interest though. I hope the helmet covers match the camouflage that they are wearing. While the camouflage blouse and trouser were reversible I have not seen a Marine wearing green side out utilities and brown side out helmet cover or vise a versa. Anyway look forward to the finished product.

S/F
Keith

P.S.

Andy, "It's only Pain (Ale)". Royal Marne Commando Endurance Couse 2003. Cheers!

Hi Keith,
Many moons ago when I went through the 'Commando Course' at CTCRM Lympstone what I always remember the Training Team Sergeants and Corporals shouting was...

"It's all a case of mind over matter...We don't mind and you don't matter!"

Ah happy memories...
Per Mare Per Terram,
Andy.

Hi Keith,
Many moons ago when I went through the 'Commando Course' at CTCRM Lympstone what I always remember the Training Team Sergeants and Corporals shouting was...

"It's all a case of mind over matter...We don't mind and you don't matter!"

Ah happy memories...
Per Mare Per Terram,
Andy.

Andy,

When I was there in 2006 (can't believe its been 12 years) some joker (had to be one of the training Sgts) had a large picture painted of a shirtless Marine running with a pint saying only 400 meters to go "It's only pain" nailed to a tree 400 meters from the finish of the Endurance Course. One of my SNCO's found an advertising print of Pain Ale in the Sergeants Mess with the same Marine running with a Pint. Not sure who copied who, the brewery or the Joker but my NCO's traded for the print and gave it to me when we were back the states. I have it hanging up reminding me of the good times and the Pain.

Semper Fidelis

Keith

...And believe me my friend...We ain't finished yet...Not by a long chalk!!!
All the best,
Andy.

What a good news! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have got in store for us. :eek: I'm on cloud nine... I love this new set!!! :)

Cheers

Enrico :salute::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back