Matter of doing the right thing (2 Viewers)

The two quotes that you have highlighted do indeed show both sides of the argument - the right one (me) and the wrong one (Wayne). Well spotted Tom!
Just proves my point don't agrue with bloody teachers..:wink2: especially ones who confess that they can't dress themselves...{sm3}^&grin
Wayne.

I just told my wife that on the toy soldier forum I can't use implied profanity or show pictures of naked toy soldiers etc. She looked at me and told me that I am no longer allowed to have scotch before 6pm.

I understand that it is a private forum, the rules are set and arguing with city hall is pointless. Anyway that's my two bobs worth.

And you'll note that I'm not arguing. There's simply no 'ridiculous' button, so I had to type it. Past experience with City Hall tells me that's as far as I'm going.

I just told my wife that on the toy soldier forum I can't use implied profanity or show pictures of naked toy soldiers etc. She looked at me and told me that I am no longer allowed to have scotch before 6pm.

Jason mate,
What????? No scotch before six!!!!!!! Shame, Shame.^&grin^&grin Oh, I am so, so sorry for you cobber.
Sad cheers, Howard:smile2:

Now, that's out of the way, who's going to be the first to post a photo of the Egyptian dancing girls? ^&grin

Maybe Jason will after up-ending a bottle of scotch (after 6pm of course! {sm4}

Make sure you don't bring it up again Jason otherwise your missus will probably invite a couple of blokes with white coats on to take you away... :rolleyes2:{sm4}

Tom

Maybe Jason will after up-ending a bottle of scotch (after 6pm of course! {sm4}

Make sure you don't bring it up again Jason otherwise your missus will probably invite a couple of blokes with white coats on to take you away... :rolleyes2:{sm4}

Tom

Tom:

I am always in fear of her claling the white coats. I am sure that my toy soldier obsession has got me on their radar.

As far as the dancing girls go........those would get me in a whole different set of trouble with the wifey.

Jason mate,
What????? No scotch before six!!!!!!! Shame, Shame.^&grin^&grin Oh, I am so, so sorry for you cobber.
Sad cheers, Howard:smile2:

Howard,

I will make up for it at the Westcoaster!

Cheers back and I hope to see you soon!

-Jason

Thank you.......I though that you may have had a non nudity view and it would be a good thing to check first to avoid offending any-one....no worries.....I am glad I did not do the wrong thing........TomB

I give you credit for your good judgement,class and respect....Well done....Best Frank

OH YEAH BUDDY?! {sm4}

THEY'RE HERE!!!{sm3}

Dancing their little hearts away hee hee

Oh my, who was on duty that day:rolleyes:

So...you're proud to announce that someone got away with going against forum rules....interesting...

OH YEAH BUDDY?! {sm4}

THEY'RE HERE!!!{sm3}

Dancing their little hearts away hee hee

Oh my, who was on duty that day:rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with who was on duty. We can't be everywhere and we do also rely on the help of members to keep the forum running within the rules and guidelines set by Shannon & Peter.

Very grown-up of you to post your comment and then leave it at that. Great way to help the forum !!

Three cheers for Blowtorch !!

I hope you were being ironic. Teachers are no more often smarter than City Hall is right.

A lesser man than me might take that personally given that Wayne identified me in his post but I will only make the same observation I would in any discussion of politics, health and education. A society, group, forum gets what it deserves in that they will, inevitably, have to put up with what they are prepared to put up with. We hold our TS manufacturers to standards that a saint would find a challenge, yet we underfund education and thereby reduce the staus of teachers, we complain about taxes and then whinge that there are not enough nurses, and we fail to participate in the political process on the spurious grounds that no candidate is worth our vote.

In your second sentence the word 'often' should be placed before 'no' while 'more' is superflous and can be removed. The addition of 'is right' unbalances the entire sentence and should also be removed.{sm4} Using this sentence as a guide, was I a popular teacher?

I left one error in my post for people to identify - no homework for the person who can find it - or others!{sm4} The comment that you would struggle to find a lesser man is 'evidence of personal angst' and might be removed.{sm4}

A lesser man than me might take that personally given that Wayne identified me in his post but I will only make the same observation I would in any discussion of politics, health and education. A society, group, forum gets what it deserves in that they will, inevitably, have to put up with what they are prepared to put up with. We hold our TS manufacturers to standards that a saint would find a challenge, yet we underfund education and thereby reduce the staus of teachers, we complain about taxes and then whinge that there are not enough nurses, and we fail to participate in the political process on the spurious grounds that no candidate is worth our vote.

In your second sentence the word 'often' should be placed before 'no' while 'more' is superflous and can be removed. The addition of 'is right' unbalances the entire sentence and should also be removed.{sm4} Using this sentence as a guide, was I a popular teacher?

I left one error in my post for people to identify - no homework for the person who can find it - or others!{sm4} The comment that you would struggle to find a lesser man is 'evidence of personal angst' and might be removed.{sm4}

That would be "status" Jack but you’re a bit measly with the reward as Guy offered a kiss from his daughter as a reward in one of his posts! {sm4}

Tom

That would be "status" Jack but you’re a bit measly with the reward as Guy offered a kiss from his daughter as a reward in one of his posts! {sm4}

Tom

Well spotted - did you run it through spell check? There are a couple more subtle ones but that was good work. I am stuck here correcting uni essays to fund TS purchases and would really much prefer to be doing something else.

Bring on a lotto win.

Well spotted - did you run it through spell check? There are a couple more subtle ones but that was good work. I am stuck here correcting uni essays to fund TS purchases and would really much prefer to be doing something else.

Bring on a lotto win.

In that case stop posting and get back to marking and dont forget to buy the Lotto ticket during your 10 minutes
meal break !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back