Michtoy show (1 Viewer)

Ken & Ericka Osen/H&A Studio

Command Sergeant Major
Hi All!
Ericka and I will be attending the Detroit area Michtoy show on January 24-25. We will be manning the W.Britain table as Richard Walker will be in the UK on business. In addition to showing new Britain product we will be showing and selling Hudson & Allen scenics. This will include a selection of shelf dioramas, small scenics and scenic supplies.
Please stop by if you plan to attend and chat a bit. This is a nice show that includes some militaria and book sellers and it breaks up the long winter a bit. Details on the times and location can be found at the Michtoy website, and I am sure it will be posted here too.

We will also be attending the West Coaster in March, which will be a nice reminder of warm weather for us. Ericka and I will be selling shelf dioramas and small scenics from our room at this show. We also expect to be debuting some new products here to compliment what we are doing. We will post some images just before to show to give you a heads up!
See you soon!
Ken

I will most likely attend:D:D:D, I was reading a flier and it said that those who dress up get in free, does you costume have to be completely authentic?:confused::confused:

Hope to be there,
Vick

Ken:

I'll will not be at the Michtoy Show. Sorry about that but it's too cold for us Californians. The weather today is expected to be around 70 degrees and clear.

Great to hear that Britains, Ericka and you will be at the West Coaster Show. We'll see you then and the weather should be even better than even though the state is going broke.

Carlos

Anythikng more on winter shelf dioramas you can show us Ken?
Bill W

As you might know the W. Britain catalog deadlines have been on the front burner here as of late. The last images will be taken tomorrow then it is back to the scenics.
We will be attending the Michtoy show before we post any more images of items for sale.
We were hit by more snow here last night so I am sure we will be building a few more winter dioramas before we think spring. Maybe the California show will help us to think 'outside the icebox'.
Hope to see some of you over the next couple of months. If you can make it to either show please stop by to chat.
Ken

I just checked the listing and the show is Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm. It is being held at Madison Place Hall located at 876 Horace Brown Drive, Madison Heights, MI 48071.
Hope to see some of you there!
Ken

I will be there, it is a great show to go to if your in the area. It use to be a one day event but it was changed to a 2 day event now which is always a plus for me since I live in the metro Detroit area. The only problem is sneaking out of the house for a couple hours w/o the wife knowing where I'm going. An even harder challenge is sneaking what I have bought into the house w/o her knowing :D

I will be going to the show. With two days to choose from I should make one of the days unless we get a blizzard. I come from more of the "West Coast" of the state but just out of the heavy snow like South Haven and Holland.

Hi Ken,

Do you know if Britains attends any shows in Canada? Having said that I don't know if there are any shows held in Canada?

Thanks

Scott

The last time I can remember attending a show in Canada was back in 1998. It was the Military Miniature World Expo and the first year I worked for W. Britain which was owned by Ertle at the time. I haven't been to a show there since, although I think the Ontario club is still active.
We will have to think about that.
Ken

I will be there, it is a great show to go to if your in the area. It use to be a one day event but it was changed to a 2 day event now which is always a plus for me since I live in the metro Detroit area. The only problem is sneaking out of the house for a couple hours w/o the wife knowing where I'm going. An even harder challenge is sneaking what I have bought into the house w/o her knowing :D

Try to hide the contraband behind the flowers you bring home for you wife.:D

The last time I can remember attending a show in Canada was back in 1998. It was the Military Miniature World Expo and the first year I worked for W. Britain which was owned by Ertle at the time. I haven't been to a show there since, although I think the Ontario club is still active.
We will have to think about that.
Ken

Thanks for the info Ken.

Hi to all, The Ontario Model Soldier Club's internet site is http://www.omss.ca/

Their 47th 47th Annual Show 
&
Competition will be at Historic Fort York

Saturday June 13, 2009

PS An excellent source for any toy soldier information, including toy soldier associations, is Bill Hocker's resource page at

http://www.wmhocker.com/index.php?s=resource

Try to hide the contraband behind the flowers you bring home for you wife.:D

I better bring her home a new car or something because I don't think I would be able to hide it all behind flowers. My son who is learning with age to play an important role. He understands if he plays a good decoy then we both benefit. :D

What are people looking to get at the show?
Mine are in order of what I want since I can really only afford one set:
  1. Britains US 30th Division Heavy Weapons Set
  2. Britains US 30th Division Coverfire
  3. Britains G.I. standing with BAR
  4. K&C Combat Photographer
Can't wait for the show,
Vick:D:D:D

The new K&C King Tiger
new K&C Winter Tank Riders
K&C BBG006 Crossing the Road
possibly some of the new collectors showcase paras

What are people looking to get at the show?
Mine are in order of what I want since I can really only afford one set:
  1. Britains US 30th Division Heavy Weapons Set
  2. Britains US 30th Division Coverfire
  3. Britains G.I. standing with BAR
  4. K&C Combat Photographer
Can't wait for the show,
Vick:D:D:D

I already have m K&C King Tiger waiting for me. I merely just need to walk in the door pick it up and be on my way. However my eyes often wonder and I'll make a good 10-15 stops on the way to my destination and then another 10-15 stops on the way out which usually leads to an empty wallet :D :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back