Mid Atlantic Air Museum WW2 Air Show Reading PA (1 Viewer)

Currahee Chris

Sergeant Major
Hey gang

My daughter and I made the trek again this year. Weather was a cool 80 degrees so it was fantastic. Logistics for whatever reason were all jacked this year but otherwise, another rock and roll father/ daughter weekend. Gonna miss her when she rolls to university in August.

She apologizes for the black specks on her lense. She didn't realize they were there. This was a beautiful sight to behold- a P51 rocking across the airstrip with a rainbow peeking out behind it!!!

Attachments

• P51 Rainbow.jpg
    P51 Rainbow.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 371
More shots

Well, maybe not- looks like they wont upload for whatever reason. Well, enjoy the p51.

Regards
CC

When were you there, Chris? We may have passed each other. I was there with my dad on Friday.

Along with seeing the airplanes, I like to hear them as well. I love the sound of those big radials, and those Allisons and Merlins!

Prost!
Brad

Someday I hope to go again! Too many scheduling conflicts unfortunately.

Julie

When were you there, Chris? We may have passed each other. I was there with my dad on Friday.

Along with seeing the airplanes, I like to hear them as well. I love the sound of those big radials, and those Allisons and Merlins!

Agreed Brad!!!! That is the really cool thing about that airshow!!!

Victoria and I were there on Friday- curious but was parking as much of a mess for you as it was for us???? It seemed really bungled this year.

Agreed Brad!!!! That is the really cool thing about that airshow!!!

Victoria and I were there on Friday- curious but was parking as much of a mess for you as it was for us???? It seemed really bungled this year.

I bet we passed each other and didn't even realize it!

We pay to park at the one private lot across the road from the airport grounds, across from the firing range and the vendor area. It's just easier that way. The family there charges ten bucks a vehicle, and counting the cars, I imagine they did pretty well for the weekend.

Prost!
Brad

Here are some more photos Chris Took this past weekend. Looks like it was a great event

Dave

-1719476769980917297-IMG-5163.jpg-3335453631381000617-IMG-5185.jpg-3765055919221435394-IMG-5181.jpg-4432686160801526423-IMG-5178.JPG

I bet we passed each other and didn't even realize it!

We pay to park at the one private lot across the road from the airport grounds, across from the firing range and the vendor area. It's just easier that way. The family there charges ten bucks a vehicle, and counting the cars, I imagine they did pretty well for the weekend.

Prost!
Brad

HAAAAAAAAAAA- Dude- I know exactly who you are talking about!!! I drove by him and was like "TEN BUCKS!!!! F@#%!@#$%!@#$% THAT!!!" {sm3}{sm3}

Dave- thanks for being so awesome and posting Victoria's pictures. They look great- I love that she tried to do a "period pic" and put some in Black and White.

HAAAAAAAAAAA- Dude- I know exactly who you are talking about!!! I drove by him and was like "TEN BUCKS!!!! F@#%!@#$%!@#$% THAT!!!" {sm3}{sm3}

Think about it for next year, though. It beats having to rely on the buses. When the MAAM still had the arrangement to use the parking lots at the office park along Rte 183, along the south side of the airport property, you could still walk easily enough back to your car, when the inevitable crowd of 1000+ people all decided to leave at the same time and queued up for buses. But now that parking for the buses was moved to the Reading Fairgrounds, 2 miles away across Rte 222, walking back isn't as much of an option. Instead, ten bucks, and your car is safe and only a short stroll away.

Prost!
Brad

Thanks for that Brad. I had no communication whatsoever that that was what had taken place. I ended up parking almost right across from the entrance. Everyone else who parked there was upset as well about the logistics of this years show. Hopefully it will turn around.

I follow the MAAM on Facebook; that's where I saw a post about the parking. I don't know if they also posted something on the website, but they may have.

I don't know if they lost whatever arrangement they had with the landlords at the office park, or if something else happened to cause the change. Running the buses from the fairgrounds may be the normal arrangement for the foreseeable future, though.

Prost!
Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back