Mixing FoV and K&C (1 Viewer)

Harrytheheid

Banned
Returning to a posting some time ago by (I think it was) Robert E. Lee.
I have mixed FoV and K&C together in displays. Despite the scale difference, some FoV AFV's seem to work okay, some don't.
The ones that seen to work, for me anyway, are;
Tigers (although I'd like to replace these with NMA's new Tigers)
Stug
King Tiger
Jgd Panther
Panzer 4

The ones that definitely don't work IMO are;
Shwimwaggen
Hanomag
Kubelwaggen
Motorcycle Combination

In addition, the figures supplied with FoV are very poor IMO, and the entire vehicle is enhanced by the addition of K&C Tank Commanders. Uniforms may not be 100% correct, but I?'m always looking to create an overall effect or mood in my displays. Strict 100% accuracy isn't my no1 priority.

Anyone else care to contribute their thoughts on this one?

I think it is generally easier to 'get away with it' with the larger tanks. I've mucked about with some K&C next to a 21st C Panther and they don't look that out of place, but as you say, the smaller vehicles, jeeps, hanomags etc, are pushing it a bit. Just my 2 low denomination coins worth.

Simon

I think the Matilda and Grant go ok with K&C EA figures.

Returning to a posting some time ago by (I think it was) Robert E. Lee.
I have mixed FoV and K&C together in displays. Despite the scale difference, some FoV AFV's seem to work okay, some don't.
The ones that seen to work, for me anyway, are;
Tigers (although I'd like to replace these with NMA's new Tigers)
Stug
King Tiger
Jgd Panther
Panzer 4

The ones that definitely don't work IMO are;
Shwimwaggen
Hanomag
Kubelwaggen
Motorcycle Combination

In addition, the figures supplied with FoV are very poor IMO, and the entire vehicle is enhanced by the addition of K&C Tank Commanders. Uniforms may not be 100% correct, but I?'m always looking to create an overall effect or mood in my displays. Strict 100% accuracy isn't my no1 priority.

Anyone else care to contribute their thoughts on this one?

My repainted FOV Stuart and K/C Stuart.......Michael

Attachments

• tankb.jpg
    tankb.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 141
  • tankc.jpg
    tankc.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 156
I think the Matilda and Grant go ok with K&C EA figures.

Dunno....I tried the FoV Matilda with K&C 8th Army, but to me it just didn't look right. I know I said that 100% accuracy isn't a no1 priority in my displays, but even I have limits as to what looks okay and what doesn't.
Agree with Simon, you can just about get away with it in the larger tanks but the smaller vehicles just don't cut it.

Harry, if you read some earlier posts on this subject you'll find that a number of K & C tanks are closer to 1/32 scale than 1/30 which is why they look close to FOV models. However that makes the K & C figures look big in their tanks, but this is apparently being fixed by the company in future releases where the tanks will be 1/30 scale, apparently shrinkage was to blame.

My repainted FOV Stuart and K/C Stuart.......Michael

Do something to the sand bags. They stand out to much, to clean, pink looking not showing any wear. That's all I see when I first look at these pictures are the sandbags.:eek:

You can mix K&C figures that come inside the vehicles. If you look at the size of the recent ones from the Panzer Meyer halftrack they are in 1/35 scale. I took them out of the halftrack and compared them with other 1/35 figures and they are spot on. So I believe some vehicles and some figures with work with each company.
BTW the figures come right out without damaging anything, they are held in with small plugs on the feet and butts.

...... So I believe some vehicles and some figures will work with each company.
BTW the figures come right out without damaging anything, they are held in with small plugs on the feet and butts.

Interesting to know that about the PM figures - I did wonder about that. Haven't tried it yet with the one I have but I might do one day - :)

I for one posted a similar query, re putting FOV/KC together, not so long back. I've got a Stug placed alongside a Waffen SS group - I thought the vehicle looked a tad on the small side, but then it was a fairly small vehicle in reality. I think, on the whole, I would agree they work fairly well together - FOV and KC - especially as part of a bigger diorama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back