Modifying AIP (1 Viewer)

jomartvr

Sergeant First Class
Has anyone tried boiling AIP figures in order to change their pose? I want to change some of the poses and was thinking of dropping a couple in a pot of boiling water. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Benjamin

Has anyone tried boiling AIP figures in order to change their pose? I want to change some of the poses and was thinking of dropping a couple in a pot of boiling water. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,
I have boiled an army or two of soldiers over the years, but never any AIP. I think the plastic is of the type that would reconfigure easily. What are you trying to do? I can't see a whole lot of variation possibilities except for moving an arm here and there, but AIP has already done that in many cases--the basic pose is the same but with arms or guns held a bit differently, esp with the mounted guys.
I'm curious to know what you want to do and finally come up with.
Fritz

Hi Fritz,
I want to make some dead fuzzy wuzzies as background for a MARIELLA MINIATURES Royal Marine. Will post when I am done.
Best wishes,
Benjamin

Hi Fritz,
I want to make some dead fuzzy wuzzies as background for a MARIELLA MINIATURES Royal Marine. Will post when I am done.
Best wishes,
Benjamin

Benjamin,
I will be very interested to see them.
Fritz

Here is the finished product. I wanted to create an image that could have appeared in the Graphic or Illustrated London News. The Royal Marine is made by MARIELLA MINIATURES.
Cheers,
BenjaminAIP Sudan.jpgAIP Sudan 2.jpg

Very cool!!!! Thanks for sharing the pix. I'd be curious to see these in a big diorama.
Fritz

Thanks for the kind comments. I have not plans for a larger diorama, however, I may add more wounded and dead jihadist to convey the carnage of a mass attack. If I do I will post.

Cheers,
Benjamin

Thanks for the kind comments. I have not plans for a larger diorama, however, I may add more wounded and dead jihadist to convey the carnage of a mass attack. If I do I will post.

Cheers,
Benjamin

I will look forward to that!
Fritz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back