More Wounded and Dead Napoleonic Figures (1 Viewer)

arnhem44mad

1st Lieutenant
King and country's 45th Line infantry had one figure lying dead and a figure falling wounded. These were great figures and showed too well the cost if battles.

King and country also did the lying dead curassier and horse, curassier shot from saddle and guidon bearer with head wound.

As well as these great figures, K&C also produced the falling Empress Dragoon, falling Scots Grey and recently the wounded british being helped and a figure I recently ordered; the wounded highlander!

These figures are brilliant but especially the cavalry items!

I hope King and country keeps with the theme of bringing wounded figures out to go with regiments etc.

I know lots of people have spoke about Carabiniers and I think they would be a great release and if they are released I hope we see some reinvented versions of the falling horse and rider, shot and falling from saddle and out of saddle.

The recent curassiers were brilliany and my only complaint is that there were only 7 of them plus a general released. I though we might see another version of a wounded trooper or dead horse and wounded rider walking or crawling away, or even saying goodbye to horse with pistol in hand to put it out its misery. It's small nifty things like this that I've come to expect from K&C so here's hoping!

Scott

King and country's 45th Line infantry had one figure lying dead and a figure falling wounded. These were great figures and showed too well the cost if battles.

King and country also did the lying dead curassier and horse, curassier shot from saddle and guidon bearer with head wound.

As well as these great figures, K&C also produced the falling Empress Dragoon, falling Scots Grey and recently the wounded british being helped and a figure I recently ordered; the wounded highlander!

These figures are brilliant but especially the cavalry items!

I hope King and country keeps with the theme of bringing wounded figures out to go with regiments etc.

I know lots of people have spoke about Carabiniers and I think they would be a great release and if they are released I hope we see some reinvented versions of the falling horse and rider, shot and falling from saddle and out of saddle.

The recent curassiers were brilliany and my only complaint is that there were only 7 of them plus a general released. I though we might see another version of a wounded trooper or dead horse and wounded rider walking or crawling away, or even saying goodbye to horse with pistol in hand to put it out its misery. It's small nifty things like this that I've come to expect from K&C so here's hoping!

Scott

Yes, I totally agree with your comments Scott.

Having a firing line, or skirmishers advancing under fire, its more realistic to see a lying wounded, or dead figure, because that the nature of war unfortunately. Therefore making those particular poses for all fighting sets has to be a must.

I'd also like to see a Napoleonic medial set to go behind the line, and then can fit in with the camp scene figures that were released with the 7th Hussars.

This has been done very successfully with the WW2 Germans and WW1 British recently, so lets see that for the NAPs.

We can only wait in hope :confused:

John

Yes, I totally agree with your comments Scott.

Having a firing line, or skirmishers advancing under fire, its more realistic to see a lying wounded, or dead figure, because that the nature of war unfortunately. Therefore making those particular poses for all fighting sets has to be a must.

I'd also like to see a Napoleonic medial set to go behind the line, and then can fit in with the camp scene figures that were released with the 7th Hussars.

This has been done very successfully with the WW2 Germans and WW1 British recently, so lets see that for the NAPs.

We can only wait in hope :confused:

John

And the 'Real West' with all of Custer's men having bloodied limbs and bandages!

Really hope Andy takes this same approach to future Napoleonic releases!

Scott

I second all these comments and suggestions. I'd like to see the same dynamism and uniqueness for the Napoleonic figures that the figures from Custer's cavalry and the Australian Light Horse ranges have. A small surgeon set with a few patients and orderlies is what I would really like to see.

Cheers,

Brendan

I think some allied artillerymen running away from a cavalry charge would look great! One running looking backwards, one running with sponge or challenging a cavalryman (Carabinier maybe) by thrusting at him with sponge while the Carabinier raises his sword to attack and his horse rears up!

Maybe a downed Carabinier or even Hussar in the middle of getting to feet with one knee on ground and one foot looking up towards attacker after being trapped under fallen horse while an allied artilleryman raises some sort of heavy item to club the cavalryman.

Scott

I think some allied artillerymen running away from a cavalry charge would look great! One running looking backwards, one running with sponge or challenging a cavalryman (Carabinier maybe) by thrusting at him with sponge while the Carabinier raises his sword to attack and his horse rears up!

Maybe a downed Carabinier or even Hussar in the middle of getting to feet with one knee on ground and one foot looking up towards attacker after being trapped under fallen horse while an allied artilleryman raises some sort of heavy item to club the cavalryman.

Scott

Yes, I'd like to see Carabineers too, and I think some of those poses you suggest will look great on the miniature battlefield....

Andy did say that he was planning on 7th Hussars in action as well as the camp scenes that were released last year .....

we can only live in hope !!!!!!!!!!!

John

I saw an advert on the back of the latest Toy Soldier & Model Figure magazine of three RA gunners with muskets. One is kneeling to repel, one is standing "at ease," and the other is standing loading.

Cheers,

Brendan

I don't want to take away from the Napoleonic discussion but I think that more dead and wounded are needed in just about every series.

I would especially like to see more dead American Battle of the Bulge figures.

I saw an advert on the back of the latest Toy Soldier & Model Figure magazine of three RA gunners with muskets. One is kneeling to repel, one is standing "at ease," and the other is standing loading.

Cheers,

Brendan

Nice could you post a pic please bud?

Scott

Cheers,

Brendan

Yes, please post an image as Andy did mention that there would be some gunners defending the gun line from the advancing French ......

John

Gents,

Here it is!

Scan_Pic0003.jpg

I also noticed on the advert that NA339 "Royal Mtd. Artillery Officer" is listed as a K&C exclusive figure. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence for the Napoleonic series. It's a real pain to buy abroad and import with duties, taxes, etc.

Cheers,

Brendan

Gents,

Here it is!

I also noticed on the advert that NA339 "Royal Mtd. Artillery Officer" is listed as a K&C exclusive figure. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence for the Napoleonic series. It's a real pain to buy abroad and import with duties, taxes, etc.

Cheers,

Brendan

thanks for the image, looks like the boys are ready to repel the enemy, and hopefully gave the guns loaded with grapeshot as well !!!

Funny, the mounted officer is only shown on the website as an 'ordinary' figure NOT exclusive ????

Yes, I and many others, particularly the dealers hope that this doesn't continue as it means we have to buy from HK and pay a high postage cost if we don't buy US$250 (which sure isn't hard to do !!!)

By the way, many of the Pike & Musket are now 'X' figures too !!!!

John

Gents,

Here it is!

View attachment 185274

Cheers,

Brendan

Many thanks for posting!

Best regards

Timo

Gents,

Here it is!

View attachment 185274

Cheers,

Brendan

Not bad, wish they never had packs on but, if they had just the rifles it would be more realistic. Chances of artillerymen having time to get and put on their packs before withdrawing to squares to help repel cavalry are slim!

Scott

Not bad, wish they never had packs on but, if they had just the rifles it would be more realistic. Chances of artillerymen having time to get and put on their packs before withdrawing to squares to help repel cavalry are slim!

Scott

I love King and Country's products but sometimes it's as if no common sense or small details are put into their product while other times the smallest of smallest details is put into every piece!

Scott

Maybe Andy could do a side Napoleonic range called 'Waterloo' and produce personalities from the battle, like Ney, Soult, Uxbridge, Major Baring KGL, Colonel MacDonnell, Somerset, De Lancey.

Scott

And if the 27th Inniskillings are to be produced then we must have almost every figure with a bloody bandage on or wound as this regiment suffered over 50% casualties ar Waterloo!

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back