• Leonard Cohen - Tower of Song

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Bob Dylan - Shooting Star

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Listen to opera if you want depressing.
In Rigoletto the court jester stabs his own daughter to death thinking she is some-one else.

Mike, I do not know if I have heard it or not. How new? Is it a compilation album or new music? It has been years since I have purchased new CD's and I do not listen to radio so I am behind times. Any suggested tunes from the album? -- Al

Al,
Merely a joke;) Peter Gabriel had four self-titled albums after leaving Genesis. All under different labels.:eek: The album that has "Don't Give Up" has "Red Rain" "Steamroller" etc on it, entitled "So"
Mike

Al,
Merely a joke;) Peter Gabriel had four self-titled albums after leaving Genesis. All under different labels.:eek: The album that has "Don't Give Up" has "Red Rain" "Steamroller" etc on it, entitled "So"
Mike
Good one, Mike. Got that past me. I have all the early albums but didn't put 2+2 together:D. The last album I purchased had the song "I Grieve" on it. That was several years ago.:eek: -- Al

This is interesting. This thread has attracted some viewings and comments, but only 6 votes have been cast on the selections. Non-participation because of depression?:rolleyes: -- lancer

The Beatles 'Yesterday'.Truly depressing.I can't ever imagine putting that on to listen to,god awful.

Rob

I always thought In the Arms of an Angel by Sarah McLachlan fit the bill here. Beautiful but sad. It doesn't help that I always remember hearing it on the way to work on September 12, 2001. These words brought a tear or two that day: "In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness
That brings me to my knees."

Watch the last scenes in the movie Gallipoli. after watching them, you will forver find Albinoni's Adagio in G minor to be the most depressing piece of music ever written.

You could add anything by Joy division or early New order.

MUSIC , YOU WOULD STRING YOURSELF UP TO.

So So depressing.

I think Ian curtis did hang himself in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back